Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no rewards card email received

FIXED
osacouk
Fixes: 1

no rewards card email received

I signed up for Full 900 Broadband on 17th November 2023. There was an offer on the Plusnet website (part of Black Friday deal, I think) for a £100 rewards card for signing up.

my broadband went live on 15 December 2023

To date, I have not received any email confirming how to claim this cashback.

I have spoken to the customer service team. They don't seem to have any record of this offer for my account.

I am still in my 14-day cooling-off period and would consider leaving if Plusnet is unable or unwilling to honour its commitment.I don't mind waiting as long as they can assure me that I can leave early if they can not give me the promised £100 card.

I would be grateful for any response from the Plusnet team

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: no rewards card email received

@osacouk 

I cannot comment on your reward card but be aware that the 14 day cooling off period starts on the day that you sign up for the service, not the day that the service goes live.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

According to this https://www.plus.net/broadband/cashback-and-vouchers-faqs/ reward emails are normally sent within 10 'working' days from the day after the service goes live. From the 15th Dec that will be 3rd or 4th Jan...

I have spoken to the customer service team. They don't seem to have any record of this offer for my account.

However, that is concerning, I'm sure one of the Plusnet Help team will be along shortly to check

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

osacouk

Thanks for alerting me to this.

The parent company of Plusnet, BT applies this policy differently

"Once you place your order you can cancel anytime up to 14 days after your service starts, or when you receive your equipment (whichever is later)."

EE also has this "14 days after the service goes live" policy.

It appears to be an unfair policy in terms of cancellation rights.

osacouk

Thanks,I guess I will have to wait

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@osacouk 

"It appears to be an unfair policy in terms of cancellation rights."

Unfair, or just different?

As long as it is clearly stated when you sign up to the contract, (I know that there are a lot of Ts&Cs, so easy to miss), I don't see that it is "unfair".

Plusnet, EE and BT are all separate companies, so entitled to define their cancellation policies in different ways.

greygit1
Aspiring Pro

"About your broadband speed

Hello <me>,

Account Username: <account>

When you signed up for Plusnet Broadband, we gave you an estimated line speed range. Now that your Full Fibre 300 broadband has been up and running for 14 days, we wanted to let you know your line speed as it stands today, as a comparison."

Service went 'live' on 12th Dec.

I'm assuming "10 working days" does not not include bank holidays and weekends. So I'm currently calculating that as tomorrow(ish). But I won't be holding my breath. I think the reward card was mentioned to me on the order (placed by telephone conversation) and the order may have been placed on the cusp of the Black Friday deals being closed off.

(Plusnet might like to look at the information they send out via e-mail to recently signed-up customers of FTTP products. Apparently my line speed is dependant on the quality of my telephone landline and the distance to the exchange. The stop-sell from BT means I can't have a land line. And I'm in a fibre-only locale as well.)

osacouk

Fix

I spoke too soon.

confirmation email came just now.

thank you Plusnet.