Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation issue

BarkingMad
Dabbler

Cancellation issue

Hi PN,

I signed up with you. Placing the initial order with Openreach didn't go smoothly - WLTO (Working Line Take Over) - I'm told that my LL (landline) number got scrambled and therefore OR was rejecting the request. However, the order was placed.

My current provider has produced a better offer, so I have decided to stay.

I called PN on 22 Aug to cancel the order. I have received an email titled "About your cancellation request" saying it would be requested on 22 Aug. Speaking with other people in the street, they say they also received an email saying: "Home Phone - order cancelled". I've not received this email.

I've called PN and they say there is a problem with OR and they are working on it. Perhaps my LL number has got scrambled again?

Is it possible for someone to get onto the phone with OR to resolve this issue?

Update: I've jusr received my first bill from PN - showing the inital payment.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
EmilyD
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 117

Re: Cancellation issue

Hi @BarkingMad

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to your order. Thank you for confirming that you've decided to stay with your current provider due to them being able to offer you a deal. I've had a check and can see that we've raised the cancellation request but the order hasn't cancelled off correctly on our supplier's system. My colleague has been in touch with our supplier to get the order to take over the line fully closed off and ensure that your service stays active with your current provider. The order should be fully cancelled within the next 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
BarkingMad
Dabbler

Thanks @EmilyD 

I'll keep an eye out for the "order cancelled" email and then check with my current provider to ensure they don't think I'm leaving!

EmilyD
Aspiring Hero

Great, thanks @BarkingMad! Yep, I'd definitely check with your current provider to make sure that they don't cancel your service.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
BarkingMad
Dabbler

Hi @EmilyD ,

I spoke with Zoe in provisioning. Zoe has managed to cancel the BB order but not the LL. Zoe hopes the LL will cancel when the BB cancels. Zoe has escalated to the delayed cancellation team so hopefully in the next 24 hours all my orders will be cancelled and Openreach will show I'm staying with my original provider.  

Is this the geographic number for PlusNet? 0114 296 5198?

EmilyD
Aspiring Hero

Thanks @BarkingMad, it's great to see that our provisioning team have escalated this with our suppliers. 0114 296 5198 is an old number of ours but I'm not sure whether it's still in use, to be honest with you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
BarkingMad
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ 

@EmilyD 

The saga continues. Lots of chasing from me with lots of phone calls.

The last interaction was a direct message from @TheMightyAJ which said that all the orders should be closed yesterday. 

My current providers still think I am leaving and my new contract with them hasn’t started. I have received no emails from plusnet so I assume my orders are still pending with PlusNet/Openreach

i requested cancellation of a WLTO on the 22 Aug and from what I can see it still hasn’t been cancelled and today is the 1st Sep 

How can I escalate this diabolical situation?