cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease on line completed... still no broadband

Marwants

Cease on line completed... still no broadband

I recently moved into a new house (27th Oct)

The occupants at the time were using Sky Broadband. I found a deal with Plusnet and went for it. I ordered it a couple of weeks before we were due to move in so that we'd have Broadband as quickly as possible when we moved it. However I was told the order couldn't complete because there was a cease on the line. I was told this cease will complete 3rd November (today). But I currently still have no broadband. 

Any ideas how long it'll take? Seems ridiculous that a provider can just arbitrarily put a cease on a line for no apparent reason. 

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Cease on line completed... still no broadband

Seems ridiculous that a provider can just arbitrarily put a cease on a line for no apparent reason. 

The cease will have been placed due to the occupants cancelling their broadband at the address.

Since the cease has completed, Plusnet can now place an order. How long that will take to be installed will largely depend on Openreach engineer availability in your area.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Marwants

Thanks for the response. 

Yes, I understand the why it's happened. It just seems crazy that they can place a cease on a line that extends beyond the tenure of the original occupants of the house, denying anyone who moves in the ability to use the internet for a set number of days. Very frustrating. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It just seems crazy that they can place a cease on a line that extends beyond the tenure of the original occupants of the house, denying anyone who moves in the ability to use the internet for a set number of days. Very frustrating. 

I absolutely agree. Unfortunately that's how Openreach's systems operate. It's not possible to have more than one order against an asset at any one time. What is crazy is that the new ISP can't place an order to override the cease, it would be in the interest of all concerned. Since the line is still 'owned' by the old ISP, its not possible!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@MisterW 

JOOI, if @Marwants had decided to also use Sky Broadband, (like the previous occupants), would this problem still have arisen?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Mr_Paul probably not. Since Sky had placed the cease, they would have been able to cancel it and then immediately place a takeover order.