cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre Install

owilliams1

Full Fibre Install

I ordered my full fibre installation on 25th October. Engineers came out the following week. Unfortunately, they couldn't complete the installation because some duct work had collapsed near my house. They returned the next week to fix the duct work. The workers were very professional and did an excellent job of cleaning up afterwards – they were great.

My installation date is now set for 22nd November 2023. However, I haven't seen any work done yet to extend the fibre from the roadside cabinet to my house. Will this be done on the installation day along with the setup inside my house?

Overall, the experience has been quite positive, despite the unexpected issue with the duct work. It's interesting to note that 5 other residents in my estate had their installations done immediately, so it seems I just had a bit of bad luck.

But I wanted to confirm if everything is on track for the 22nd November. If anyone has insights or similar experiences, your input would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Full Fibre Install

@owilliams1   FTTP (full fibre) does not come from a cabinet. If you are fed through ducting it will come from a fibre connection in a nearby underground chamber. You will not see any further work until the actual install day.

owilliams1

Re: Full Fibre Install

Thank you, yeah sorry there is a connection underground chamber outside my neighbours house,

So hopefully we are all good to go now. Smiley

Thanks for the info.