cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can see why Plusnet never wins Which recommended

Aly
Rising Star

I can see why Plusnet never wins Which recommended

First of all I want to say the majority of Plusnet customer service staff I speak to are very apologetic and sympathetic (Especially Adam and Lauren who I think I've seen replying on here)
- my username is alistair89

My order was placed on 20th May and the completion date was 2nd June.

I am one of them customers who's order has become lost within Openreachs system.

Just a little background, I was an original Plusnet customer from day one, I left once they were purchased by BT because after past experiences with them I'd never go back. I went to Zen and they are brilliant (albeit a bit expensive). I had a major issue with my line at my old address where there was a local business causing interference with my line. Zen were brilliant chasing Openreach and contacted me regularly to update me on the issue.

Every time I contact Plusnet on this issue I get the impression that the person on the other line is trying to get me off the phone by saying what I want to hear .

I am now more than 4 weeks in from my original completion date and to add fuel to the fire I was notified today that my bill has been generated, so I've cancelled my direct debit in the meantime.

I came back to Plusnet because friends are with them and say they have no issues, also Zen wanted £90 for the engineer call out where as Plusnet was half the price, I'm beginning to regret that decision now.

I held off posting, I don't like to moan on the internet but I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by how this is being handled. I have an open complaint and once my complaint hits 8 weeks I will open a complaint with ofcom regardless of the outcome.

I hope this is resolved soon.
7 REPLIES 7
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Re: I can see why Plusnet never wins Which recommended

Hey @Aly, I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting for your broadband to get connected. I can see your case is with our Customer Assist Team (CAT) This team deals with complex cases like yours, they've also confirmed this isn't an isolated case. The CAT Team will always try to call you with updates along with updating the open ticket on your account which you can view here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=234308783 

The next update will be on the 6th June. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@ClaudiaG23  Would that be the 6th of June 2024?😁 I guess you mean the 6th of July.

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

@RealAleMadrid Not had my morning coffee yet, I best go make one now!

Yes sorry, 6th July will be the next update @Aly 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 517

@Aly wrote:
I am now more than 4 weeks in from my original completion date and to add fuel to the fire I was notified today that my bill has been generated, so I've cancelled my direct debit in the meantime.

Cancelling the DD may not be the best thing to do although I understand why you felt the need to. This could put your account into default causing further issues and may affect your credit-worthiness.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Aly
Rising Star

Hi Mav
Direct debits do not affect your credit score. This issue has already taken up a lot of my time and I do not want to spend anymore time chasing credits for payments that shouldn't have been taken.
Aly
Rising Star

Gone quiet again.

I was told last Saturday my 'escalation' was pushed back to 13th

Nothing again.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@Aly wrote:
Direct debits do not affect your credit score… I do not want to spend anymore time chasing credits for payments that shouldn't have been taken.

DDs don’t affect credit scores but unpaid bills, whether fairly charged or not that are passed to Debt Collection agents can, and can take even more time to sort out.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'