Did you mean: 

No router

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: No router

@Demon9374

I've looked into this for you and I can see we couldn't automatically place your broadband order after your phone order completed on the 6th September, because the supplier records of the line weren't correct and didn't allow for a broadband order to be placed at that point. We then managed to place the order on the 10th as per Adam's response.

While I appreciate the frustration and inconvenience, we hadn't caused the issue here as we would've loved to takeover the existing line with no/minimal downtime but sadly the existing provider took steps to cease the line.

I've checked the order and I can see your broadband's due to go live with us on the 15th September. 

I also appreciate that the cease order completed on the 1st September however it's not instant to reprovide a service. We had to arrange an engineer to activate your phone service onto the equipment we use at the exchange, and now that's done, we need another engineer to carry out work at the cabinet to get your fibre back up and running. 

I totally get the situation you're in which is difficult if you're trying to work from home but we're doing what we can given the circumstances. If you'd still like to cancel your order with us, I would recommend calling our cancellations team on 0800 013 2632 before your order fully completes with us.

However I'd bear in mind that this in itself will likely cause a further delay beyond the 15th September as another provider would have to start from scratch again if we were to cancel the broadband order and close your account with no termination fees, because the phone line we've reprovided would then be ceased.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet