cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach engineer didn't turn up - FTTP installation

msu_global
Hooked

Openreach engineer didn't turn up - FTTP installation

After waiting more than 5 weeks, I was supposed to have an openreach engineer visit today between 1pm and 6pm for an FTTP installation.
I took a day off after receiving a confirmation text yesterday from Plusnet.
Unfortunately no one turned up today. I did not receive any text or email re any appointment delays.
If you miss an appointment, you will be charged. but if the installation engineer missed it and you stayed home waiting all the day, then just be patient and expect nothing, especially when you are a disabled person and you can't use the phone to call for a quick support.

Now, the question is: will it take long before being able to know what happened and to reschedule to an early date.
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Openreach engineer didn't turn up - FTTP installation

@msu_global You are entitled to compensation - something around £25.50 IIRC - and hopefully one of the Help Team will pick this up quickly.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi there @msu_global

I'm really sorry that the engineer failed to attend yesterday and for the hassle this has no doubt caused for you. 

We're waiting for the engineer notes to become available in the next few hours so we can find out what happened and I've booked the soonest available appointment for you to get the installation done. 

I've added details to a support ticket on your account here so please take a look when you can: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=229881384

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
msu_global
Hooked

Hi @adamwalker
Thank you for your kind support.

Openreach technician came this morning (although I originally requested an afternoon appointment) and successfully installed the FTTP.

I do still have two questions:

1- The old FTTC is still working! I don't want to end up paying for both FTTP and FTTC. The FTTP was an upgrade through my plusnet account upgrade options, so the FTTC should be basically disconnected without termination charges.

2- Also, I did have a look into Plusnet policies and knew that I am actually entitled to a compensation (thanks to @jab1) after Openreach technician didn't turn up for the original appointment 10 days ago. When Plusnet will send this compensation?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme

Plusnet is signed up to the Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme - see Automatic Compensation FAQs. Plusnet will pay you automatic compensation in the following circumstances:

1. Delayed activation of your broadband and/or landline service
  2. Delayed repair following a total loss of service
  3. Missed appointments

For compensation to be paid (as a credit to your account), you must have a CONFIRMED date for the failed activity. To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

msu_global
Hooked

@Townman I have seen a similar message in the community asking to check the PN tickets, and yes there's a confirmed date of the failed activity (13 December). So there should be a compensation for that.. An automatic one. My question is when is this expected as I didn't receive any compensation so far?

And please don't forget to help me with the question 1 as it is my main concern now.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

I am not staff, so I cannot advise fully on Q1.  However, once the installation completion notification is received from BTOR, then the account provision should be updated and billing adjusted ... unless you opted to retain your land line number / service and started a new account for the FTTP service.

From the FAQ link I gave you before ... "We'll add it as a credit to your account within 30 days of a missed appointment, activation of service, or fixing of the total loss of service fault."

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Hi @msu_global

I'm happy to hear that your service is finally up and running now!

After checking the account I can see the old FTTC service is ceased and the FTTP should be the only service active.

With regards to the automatic compensation as @Townman has advised above this will be added within 30 days of the order completing as a credit to the account.

If you don't have it by the 22nd of January please let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team