Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order issues

FIXED
Blob
Dabbler

Order issues

Hello, changed address on 13/05/24 and it's been a bit of a mess to get my service switched over, to be honest!

Order was delayed, latest it could be is the end of June. It took me a few calls to get a reason for this. Openreach need to do some work to the property (we have a working ONT box but fair enough, was told it is something to do with piping).

Had a bit of a 'mare with requesting a solution in the meantime. Support had said they'd put a request in for a Mifi device and that it would be there in a few days. Get told eventually that there is no stock and that is why the order has failed. Ended up buying a 4G device which isn't super ideal.

I was more or less looking to confirm that the order is still proceeding. We have heard nothing about this and I am starting to get a little concerned we have become a bit lost in the system. The communication hasn't exactly been brilliant throughout this whole process. Would appreciate some help with this.

Cheers!
44 REPLIES 44
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Order issues

@Blob 

If you can login to the PN Members portal look at Orders under My Account. There may be an Open question.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Openreach need to do some work to the property (we have a working ONT box but fair enough, was told it is something to do with piping).

@Blob when you say ' a working ONT box' , what lights are on ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Blob
Dabbler

The previous occupant had left her router plugged into the ONT box. So we used at our discretion for about a day, until she realised how important it was to take with her. She collected it on the Saturday.

Regarding the lights on it, I will take a look when I get back home. I know for certain that the PON light has changed status, it was flashing green intermittently before, it is now a solid green.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Blob if both the Power and PON light are solid green and the LOS light is off, then I can't see what work Openreach need to do? PON (Passive Optical Network) indcates that there is a physical connection to the Fibre network. The fact that it was previously working confirms that!

Any required work should just involve a remote activation, reconfiguring the connection from the old ISP to Plusnet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Blob
Dabbler

Power and PON are both solid greens. LOS and LAN are out. If I could figure out how to attach a picture, I would hahah.

I really did not understand this at the time and I raised it with customer support. Eventually, after a few calls, I was told it was to do with putting new piping in, which to this day, I do not understand.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

If I could figure out how to attach a picture, I would hahah

@Blob no need really , its fairly conclusive from the description!. The LAN light will be out until there's something e.g router connected to the LAN port.

I was told it was to do with putting new piping in, which to this day, I do not understand. 

Neither do I, sounds complete rubbish to me!.

I'm going to try escalating this to see if someone in the Plusnet help team can make sense of it.

NB if you're using a mobile device to access the forums, you need to select the 'desktop site' to see the icon to allow picture upload.

Blob
Dabbler

Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

It's been a difficult house move, not being able to get this resolved has been one of the more frustrating aspects of it. There has been a lot wasted time involved.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Blob just a thought overnight, can you check its actually an Openreach ONT ?

It should have an Openreach logo on the front.

Blob
Dabbler

Yep, it's an Openreach installed ONT. 

I had looked through the jargon on the order and I think the work may have been sent to a sub contractor. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yep, it's an Openreach installed ONT. 

@Blob thanks for that, I had a horrible thought overnight that maybe the previous connection was an 'altnet' one. Obviously it wasn't so I'm confused by what's holding up the order.

I had looked through the jargon on the order and I think the work may have been sent to a sub contractor. 

Any chance you could post that ( redacting any personal information ) ?

edit: another thought , is the property multiple flats ? and is the address on your order correct ?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Hi @Blob 

I'm struggling to find the account with the details on your forum profile.

Can you drop me a PM with the details so I can look into this?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Blob
Dabbler

PM'd.
Blob
Dabbler

I'll have to look for the jargon in my closed questions. Might take me some time to find it, have quite a few over the last month!

I moved into a detached bungalow.

Regarding the address, it is still showing as my old one whenever I log in. There is an open question on my account where I was asked to clarify the new one (I have done this). No reply to my response.
Blob
Dabbler

That is it there. I redacted the name of the CS agent. This was posted on 18th May. I should also clarify, got the date mixed up in the original post. I moved on the 16th not the 13th. I realised I made a mistake on the post.

Initiated chat with OR (EiVA Conversation Id: 94608689) and asked about details mentioned in last notes (Customer does have ONT in property and the previous tenant had FTTP please advise Openreach and query why theres a delay) and advisor informed (As I have checked the order is awaiting for the Footway turnkey which includes Civils and Build work on the site, the order is now awaiting with the DL Civils / Third party contractor team to get the required
work completed. The estimate has already been issued with the reference number
WFMCDJ1P and the estimated work completion date is set for RBD: 28/05/2023 . The team is already working hence, requesting your co-operation. As we need RBD + 1 working day to get an update while the task is with the external teams. So I would like to request you to kindly review the HUD on 29/5/2024 for further update. Once the external work will get complete then the engineer will assigned for the internal work)

Moderator's note:
Post released from the automatic Spam Filter.