cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone connection in new home

jdubzzr
Hooked

Phone connection in new home

My elderly Mother has just moved house and has opted to stay with Plusnet. She's been sent a new router but there's no dialling tone from the phone socket in her new place. She phoned customer support and asked for an  Engineer to visit, but she was told this won't be until the 10th October, which means she will be without a phone and internet for another 10 days (2 weeks after her moving in day). Her new property is a retirement complex so there must be phone services in the building already. Does this actually need an Engineer to visit or is it just a matter of enabling the phone line at the exchange?

Thanks in advance for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Phone connection in new home

Moderators NoteThis topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Phone connection in new home

Hi there,

From what I can see there's no active line at your mother's new address so we've arranged an engineer visit for 10th October between 8am and 1pm to get it up and running. They'll have to carry out work at the exchange but would likely need access to her property to make sure all is working fine before they leave. 

Let me know if you need any further help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet