cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The engineer isn't comming for a month is that usual to wait so long and can i change it?

rjbell

The engineer isn't comming for a month is that usual to wait so long and can i change it?

I thought the engineer was coming today but its the 27th of January. Thats over a month away. They've already taken a months payment and i'll not get any internet at all for that month. Is this normal? Can i change the date of the engineer? No one is going to be here on the 27th of jan.

7 REPLIES 7
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: The engineer isn't comming for a month is that usual to wait so long and can i change it?

@rjbell 

The first months payment is always taken in advance but your billing period only starts when the service goes live. This becomes your billing date.

The install date will be due to engineer availability. If no one will be at home then you do neeed to get the date changed to something suitable. Either wait for a staffie to pick up on this thread or take a chance with wait times on the phone support.

Brian

rjbell

Re: The engineer isn't comming for a month is that usual to wait so long and can i change it?

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully a staff member picks this up and I can rearrange. If a member does read this the soonest Monday or Friday appointment I can get basically.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@rjbell It is very unlikely that you will be able to get an earlier appointment, Openreach staff are taking industrial action and all installation work is getting pushed back to later dates.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

BT and Openreach UK Staff Vote to Accept Pay Offer 

I expect there will be a backlog of work to be completed and I expect a further three (four in Scotland) days lost over the Christmas and New Year due to Bank Holidays.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@Dan_the_Van wrote:

BT and Openreach UK Staff Vote to Accept Pay Offer 

I expect there will be a backlog of work to be completed and I expect a further three (four in Scotland) days lost over the Christmas and New Year due to Bank Holidays.

Yea, and they will be seeking to catch up on it with bucket loads of over time at time and a half or double pay!  Never mind, we can all contribute significantly to their salary hikes and overtime in March when BT do their annual CPI+3.9% price hike!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Hi @rjbell

I'm really sorry for how long it's taken to get back to you. We've been quite busy recently so it's taking longer than we'd like to reply.

I can see you've spoken with our support team over the phone who have confirmed the appointment in place is for a Friday.

If there's anything else we can help with please let us know 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team