cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation issues

nialcotenowplus

activation issues

Hi a call to help for plusnet staff as I haven't managed to get any sort of reply from the normal channels. I had booked an activation date set for 12th paid the september costs in advance. I have my own router and did not need an engineer visit as am coming from bt and an ff openreach has already been installed. I lost access to my account  and my numbers and details had been changed and now back in to find an engineer appointment booked and a plusnet router ordered with a 28th activation date. I work from home with my flat mate. We have prepped everything and we need  the service activated as it was planned and a cancellation of the engineer and router please,

7 REPLIES 7
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Re: activation issues

Hi @nialcotenowplus I've popped you a private message, due to wanting to discuss some specific information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

nialcotenowplus

Hi Claudia 

Like I said the engineer wasn't booked by myself apparently the hub and appointment were ordered after my account.  As i understand it from the Open reach engineer who first installed it and the first plusnet person i spoke to when i booked you can activate the service now and with a few minutes we will know if there is anything wrong. So it seems to m rather than cancel and rebook an appointment as you said there are no faults reported there is nothing to stop you activating the service and we'll know straight away if there is a fault and we can go from there and as that isn't connected to the hub or the engineer appointment. we wouldn't have to worry about doing anything like cancellations until we try. I've checked it over and the LAB LOS PON and Power are all functioning and i'd have no reason to think it's tampered with. Its behind a gate and I have security camera set up there now if the activation date was the 12th. We're days behind already. (please cancel the hub though and refund thankyou ahead of time). I am ready here with everything set up and stack of work to catch up on this weekend

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Thanks for getting back to us @nialcotenowplus, I really appreciate it. The appointment is still in place and we will check back with you after it's concluded so that we can see exactly what the issue was Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@SammyM  I think you are completely missing the point of @nialcotenowplus's post and your response is not helpful. It would appear that there is a previously installed FTTP service so was expecting a remote activation. Why do you think there is an issue that needs to wait until the 28th of September to find out what it might be, I wouldn't be happy with that sort of unnecessary delay.☹️

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Unfortunately while it may appear simple it's not. We have to follow the processes and place orders which we have done. A colleague Claudia has look into the options we have with the order and provided them and these were provided to @nialcotenowplus in a private message. 

I completely get where he is coming from but we have limitations with the processes we have to follow with our supplier.  

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@SammyM  Unfortunately that gives no information about what is going on so these processes and orders are obviously top secret and never to be revealed to other users. I can remember in the past when the Plusnet forum was much more transparent and we would be given a lot more detail about everything. Not any more, I expect you will play the GDPR card. 😫