cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new full fibre install slow speeds

titreano

new full fibre install slow speeds

I've just had my full fibre finally installed but initial speed tests are not great:

download is not hitting 250Mbps and upload is an appalling 6-8Mbps (this is with the 500Mb package)

my member centre has not yet updated and is still showing the details of my previous connection.

Does it take time for the speeds to settle at what they should be?

the upload being worse than my previous VDSL connection is pretty concerning right now!

5 REPLIES 5
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Re: new full fibre install slow speeds

Hey there @titreano how's the connection been recently? Still just as bad? Can you confirm how it is set up please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
titreano

downloads picked up to close to estimated now, upload is still only sat at 26mb quite a lot lower then the estimate.

all wired connections

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Thanks for getting back to us, can you drop me a screenshot of the speeds that you're currently getting please?

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
titreano

this is pretty typical of the results i've been getting

speedtest.png

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Your download is fine, it's more upload that the problem is. With upload, there is little we can do with it because of how volatile it can be. What I would do is turn everything off that's connected to broadband and just have one device connected, make sure there isn't anything running in the background and give your speeds another check to see if this improves. 

Ideally what this will do is indicate whether there is a device somewhere that's bringing this down. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team