cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from plusnet to BT router

Zoflow101

Changing from plusnet to BT router

Good evening,

I’ll try and get straight to the point. When I moved into my property, the previous tenants were paying for the internet and have been for the past 12 months. I believe they were with plusnet. This meant I could plug my BT router in and I was instantly connected.

Their contract was up, and my landlord set up a new account and my internet has just been activated today. The plusnet router works fine, however the BT hub is unable to pickup broadband.

BT router is a smart hub - type A
Plusnet router is a hub two.

From what I understand, I need to change my BT router name and password, as well as ensure that the wireless network is turned on. I have done all of these and still no improvement.

Alternatively - will BT whole home wifi discs work with a plusnet router?

At my wits end. Please advise!
Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Changing from plusnet to BT router

@Zoflow101  Welcome to the Plusnet Community forums.

If it's an original Smarthub and not a Smarthub 2 then presumably your BT mesh units are stand alone setup, in which case they will work with the Plusnet Hub 2. If they don't work by just plugging them in then factory reset them and start them up gain from scratch. See here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/BT-Whole-Home-Wifi-with-PN/m-p/1652505...

Alternatively you can use your Smarthub on Plusnet. If this has been used before on your set up then all that you need to do is DISCONNECT THE DSL CABLE (this is where many go wrong) and while it is disconnected input your Plusnet username and password. Save and only then reconnect the DSL lead.

The full instructions will be found here:  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator's Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'