cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a device that only supports 2.4ghz to connect to my hub 2 router?

Yve13

How do I get a device that only supports 2.4ghz to connect to my hub 2 router?

Hi,

I have a Samsung robot vacuum that is Wi-Fi enabled but is only compatible with a 2.4ghz band.

my hub 2 router is dual band  I believe, so presumably should be compatible with a 2.4ghz only device.

I have tried connecting the robot vac to my Wi-Fi but it doesn’t want to know.

Any ideas how I can get it to connect?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: How do I get a device that only supports 2.4ghz to connect to my hub 2 router?

In what way does it "not want to know"?

How is the robot made to connect to the WiFi?  Does it have a display screen?

What model?

The fact that the router is dual band has nothing to do with the connectivity of the robot only working on 2.4gHz.  How old is the robot?  There is a slim chance that the robot only supports "b" mode WiFi or WEP security (which are ancient).

What is the wireless mode setting on the router's WiFi advanced administration screen?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: How do I get a device that only supports 2.4ghz to connect to my hub 2 router?

@Yve13 

As I understand it you're not the first to have this problem.

What you do is turn off 5ghz WiFi in the Hub2 management page, connect your 2.4ghz device and once successful turn the 5ghz band back on.

Brian

Yve13

Hi,

The robot is brand new.  It’s a Samsung Jet Bot VR30T80313.  It connects via the Samsung Smart Things app.  Whenever I try to connect it I get the message that the internet connection can’t be found and broadband may not be working correctly.  

The wireless mode setting is mode 1.

This is the blurb from the manual about the Wi-Fi requirements

Please refer to the user manual of your wireless router for the settings of the wireless router.
• SAMSUNG Jet Bot supports only Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz.
• SAMSUNG Jet Bot supports IEEE 802.11b/g/n and Soft-AP.
– IEEE 802.11n is recommended.
• SAMSUNG Jet Bot supports only DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). Please make
sure that the DHCP server option is activated on your wireless router.
• The Jet Bot supports the WEP-OPEN, WPA-PSK/TKIP, and WPA2-PSK/AES for the
authentication and encryption protocols.
– WPA2-PSK/AES is recommended.
– Confirm that your router has a unique SSID and password.
• The quality of your wireless network connection may be influenced by the surrounding wireless environment.
• If your Internet service provider has permanently registered the MAC address (a unique identification number) of your PC or modem, your Jet Bot may not be able to connect to the Internet. Ask your Internet service provider about the procedure to connect an apparatus other than a PC to the Internet.
• If your internet service provider requires your ID or password to connect to the internet, your Jet Bot may not be able to connect. If this is the case, you must enter your ID or password when connecting to the Internet.
• The Jet Bot may not be able to connect to the Internet because of firewall issues. Contact your Internet service provider to resolve these issues.
• Some wireless routers may transmit an abnormal Domain Name Server (DNS) address even if the Internet is not connected. If this occurs, contact the manufacturer of your wireless router and your Internet service provider.
• If you still cannot connect to the Internet even after trying the procedure provided by your Internet service provider, please contact an authorized SAMSUNG service center.
• If your router is not a Wi-Fi certified product, The Jet Bot may not be able to connect to th

Yve13

Thank you.

I will give that a go tomorrow.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Try Googling the issue - 7 Ways To Fix Samsung Jet Bot Not Connecting to Wi-Fi - DIY Smart Home Hub

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Yve13

Thank you.  I try the suggestions in the article