cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I setup NAT on a Plusnet Hub Two router?

Michael-London
Hooked

How do I setup NAT on a Plusnet Hub Two router?

Hello,

My brother and I both have Synology NAS drives, and want to setup a backup link between them.

We've installed the Synology software, and I need to open open port 6281 on my Plusnet Hub Two router.

I used the Port Forwarding table on the Firewall tab, and created a new port forwarding rule using 6281 as both the start and end port numbers for both external and internal ports, along with the internal fixed IP address of my Synology NAS.

The software on his sending Sinology NAS won't connect to the software on my receiving Synology NAS, although it will work on other way around.

On checking further using a port checker on the internet to my public IP address, it reports that the port is closed.

Please can someone tell me how to open a port from the internet (WAN) and have it forwarded to an internet IP address on my LAN?

Thank you, and have a great day,

Michael 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Re: How do I setup NAT on a Plusnet Hub Two router?

Hi,

This is a working port forward on my Hub TwoScreenshot 2024-02-21 143530.png

It's for a VPN server I expect yours to be showing port 6281, with TCP or maybe both TCP/UDP

When you check the backup or use a port checker does the event log show an incoming connection? 

16:07:58, 11 Mar. FWL Port Forward Server(192.168.10.200) UDP 51820 accepted a new connection from 148.252.129.181

For a open port checker to work the receiving application needs to be ready (listening) for a connection, port checkers do not work on UDP connections
Baldrick1
Fixes: 428

@Michael-London 

This might be a long shot. Some of the old accounts have an additional account firewall. If you have one you will find it if you log into your account and the link is at the bottom of the broadband page. This needs to be off

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Michael-London
Hooked

Thank you very much, this is looking promising!

The online Firewall was set to low.  I must have done that so long ago I forgot all about it.  Thank you for your help 🙂

Michael-London
Hooked

Thank you , this is really helpful, especially the part about looking in the logs.

Having changed the external firewall to off, I can now see the log shows external connections being made and routed to the internal IP address.

Thank you very much 🙂