Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 or business hub 6

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hub 2 or business hub 6

My hub 1 WiFi has started to be a little flakey, dropping connections randomly. I did replace a little while back with a business hub 6, but that appeared to be faulty, dropping ethernet connections and refusing to update firmware. I reinstalled hub1 and all well. I was wondering if hub2 would be better, or go for another bt hub6.
1 question I have is does the hub2 play nicely with skyq. I have read somewhere, that I can't recall people having issues with a bt smarthub2 and sky q. Also does the issue of not being able to split bands cause problems. I have a general mix of devices in the house, some that are not 5ghz compatable. Would welcome any thoughts.....and would Plusnet be willing to replace hub1 with a 2 for just p+p??.
6 REPLIES 6
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Re: Hub 2 or business hub 6

Hey there @penfold

I can't answer the sky Q question, however the ability to not split bands doesn't affect the hub 2 as much because it can differentiate better between the 2 as to which one to attach a device to. I will leave the specifics down to the experts however, I can get a hub 2 sent out for you for just the P&P as you have been with us for some time now. Let me know and I will sort it Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @willcutforth
What info do you need from me to facilitate this
Thanks
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Awesome, thanks for getting back to me so quick @penfold I've added a ticket on to the account under here so if you just reply to that I will get it actioned for you today. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Done, thanks.
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm getting that actioned for you as we speak. You should receive it within the next few working days but it might be longer with the postal strikes. I'll check back in a week to see if you have received it.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks.