cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub2 router not getting firmware updates..

FIXED
flack
Dabbler

Hub2 router not getting firmware updates..

Hi all, my Hub2 router +108417+2138004201 still not receiving updates despite restarts and switchoffs.  Have followed advice after speaking to support yesterday. Have lost some 8 mbps sync speed as a result of the disconnections.. Router still showing  v5 not latest v8..  Reluctant to keep rebooting and disconnecting / reconnecting for obvious reasons...  Any advice?  Definitely dont want to factory reset it..Can the update be pushed and if so, how can I check what is scheduled?

Moderator Note: Released from automatic spam filter

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Re: Hub2 router not getting firmware updates..

The fact it has not update to version v0.06.00.12134-PN previously could possible be it's not registered on the CWMP/TR069 management system or it's de-registered due to not being turned on for several months.

Also it will not automatically update if it's in bridge mode, but you say you don't want to factory reset it which would suggest it's not in bridge mode.

Being the weekend you might need to wait for a weekday for this to be addressed.

Edit: if you do decide to factory reset it do not restore the config from a previous version as this can cause issue.

flack
Dabbler

Thanks, I did ask support for it to be registered yesterday as I thought that could be the case, maybe just a bit too soon then as I was expecting something overnight.  Hope I gave correct serial as I had to read it off the router itself rather than web interface -  it is really small print on the device and on my tablet too without a bit of adjustment lol.  I was told that didn't really matter too much.     Not in bridge mode, I have a server and other access points and stuff at the back of it so have set it up manually not to hand out DHCP or get too bossy over the existing setup but it has all other stuff working in standard way off master socket  as modem and Internet router.  It has been working fine since I got it, was just expecting firmware to behave itself and update like a good little gadget. 🙂  I suppose the updates can't be applied manually or obtained independently, as I seem to be seeing that on other posts.  Pity.  I do have other kit that can be set up to do the job but I like that doing what it does now.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Fix

@flack - if it's the hub with serial ending '4201', then @Dan_the_Van is correct - the device is no longer registered on the management platform.

Support have done what they need to at this side, however I'm afraid you will need to factory reset the hub by inserting something into the pinhole at the rear until the status LED flashes green.

There is no other way to resolve the situation as your hub is currently completely out of contact with the back-end systems; its default configuration requires re-loading in order for it to re-establish the connection.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

flack
Dabbler

OK thanks  a lot, both, I will unplug it from the rest of my network and sort it out later today, then put my settings back on.  Was hoping to avoid but if it has to happen, so be it. 🙂

flack
Dabbler

Now sorted, thanks, all is well and it's got the  v ... 8...  firmware update, now just waiting for it to realise what a good connection it had before and get back up to old sync speed of 79.999. :-). Much appreciated the great help on here from both of you  and from Support yesterday 😊😊😊😊😊