cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought static IP service and switched Router off then back on and now can't connect to internet

FIXED
quandary

Just bought static IP service and switched Router off then back on and now can't connect to internet

Just bought static IP service and switched Router off then back on and now can't connect to internet!

Plus net states that I shouldn't need to change any router settings when I looked at ordering static IP addon.  Anyway I don't have the standard router that comes with plusnet I use a TP-Link Archer VR400.  Anyone know if I need to alter any settings on the router to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Re: Just bought static IP service and switched Router off then back on and now can't connect to inte

@quandary welcome to the forum

There should be no other changes than an a restart.

What to you see on the Advanced Status screen?

Is the broadband username and password correct.

quandary

Re: Just bought static IP service and switched Router off then back on and now can't connect to inte

I didn't change anything, just restarted the router.

Username and password are exactly same unchanged.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

I guess you're VDSL.

Does the DSL link section show as connected?

Take a look at the VR400 log file found at Advanced >System tools >System log any message there which might hint what's happening?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Fix

@quandary - your broadband password is being rejected.

When you update your account password, you will need to update the broadband login credentials the TP-Link router is using too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵