cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet router - have reset to factory but won't accept wifi password.

chubsta
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Plusnet router - have reset to factory but won't accept wifi password.

As per title - got up this morning and internet was off, it came back on again after an hour or so but the wifi password did not work - I had changed the name of the wifi network and password when we first got the router last year and all has been well since then until today. Although nothing could connect via wifi I knew the router was connected to the internet again as a cctv camera that I view remotely and which is connected via ethernet was working.

So, as a last resort I have put the router back to factory by use of the reset pinhole on the back of it. I am guessing the reset to factory was successful as the router name has gone back to that on the back of the small plastic card from the router, and also the cctv camera no longer works as that relies on a Dynamic DNS setup which will have been wiped.

However, when I try to access the router over wifi it says password incorrect even though I am putting in the code as written on the plastic card which came with the router.

Any ideas how to proceed with this? We do not have any devices that can connect directly to the router over ethernet as everything in the house is only wifi enabled except for the CCTV and obviously that is no use for this.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Plusnet router - have reset to factory but won't accept wifi password.

@chubsta 

Are you using the correct password? The wireless password is used to connect your wireless devices to the hub. This has to be used in conjunction with selecting the hub SSID as shown on the card in each device available wireless networks settings. The other is the hub admin password, used if you want to change any of the wireless settings etc.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

chubsta
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet router - have reset to factory but won't accept wifi password.

Yes, passwords were correct, we have just finished on the phone with Plusnet who have not been able to fix the problem so are now sending out a new router.

Thanks for the reply!