Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awards

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Awards

Note to self - add task to Outlook - complain about portal speeds on the 30th of every month  Grin Grin Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what you going to do this month?
The_10th
Grafter

Find it slow to load also and line speed isn't the problem.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi Guys,
I agree with glloyd, Oldjim, pierre_pierre, 4C, The 10th and the rest that the portal has been slow for some time, but in my naivity I assumed it may be due to low speed/s.  Hands up.  Shocked
Adam (that he is the kind of guy he is) needs to get this sorted.  Here Adam, you now have a juicy project on your hands.  Wink
Chandu.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi all,
I've already raised awareness about this issue and will continue to do so if I see any more mentions of this. I don't really have anything to report back at the moment but I'll let you know if I do.
In the mean time I need some help from you guys to quantify this as the word "slow" is based purely on perception alone. So far the best way I can see to do this is to use a browser extension such as those available for Firefox. If anyone is using Firefox using the "Faster Fox Lite" plugin https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fasterfox-9148/ should help as this has a page load timer, do bear in mind it's disabled by default, there is information on the page I've linked to as to how to enable it.
Thanks
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dfunked
Grafter

Hi Adam,
See the attached for an example of a typical wait for me when signing into the below page (the page itself loads perfectly quickly, the wait is after I hit "Login")
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your kind response and I will certainly follow-up on your suggested FF link.
However, having said that, it was painfully slow today.  I had to wait for nearly five minutes before I could logon.  Other sites I had visited e.g. banks etc. they were not bad at all and it goes to prove that it is not related to internet speed, I am stuck with due to my distance from the exchange.  Sad
So, it appears that the portal does need good once over.  Wink
Regards,
Chandu.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

For me, at least, the opening 'www.plus.net' page seemed a lot quicker to finish loading today (compared with a few days ago), login still a bit slow but that's actually doing something rather than just displaying a page.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I think if you can leave your computer go to the kitchen and switch on a kettle before the portal home page comes up that's slow. That's on auto log on by the way.
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

In the mean time I need some help from you guys to quantify this as the word "slow" is based purely on perception alone.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not too bad this morning - this is to my home page using autologin but there is still a delay before it actually does anything
dfunked
Grafter

It's also pretty easy to capture this kind of timing information in IE 9 and Chrome without any extra plugins btw...
For IE, press F12, then switch to the network tab and click on "start capturing" and try to load the page.
For Chrome, press ctrl+shift+J, click on the network tab and then try to load the page...
IanSn
Rising Star

The perception of slow -- when everything else works at top speed, including arriving at the portal page, but hangs for minutes after you've hit go on the login.
Looks like waiting for the server to me.
Once you're in everything is fast again.
That's been my experience so far. I don't have speed problems so its pretty clear to me there's a hang on the login page.
It does seem to be getting worse lately.
joncooper
Grafter

as a general rule, I find the plus.net site to be the slowest loading site I use
obviously, for all other sites, the connection, equipment etc remains constant
just here everything works just a little bit slower