cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Infinity

scootie
Grafter

Re: BT Infinity

am currently running on a 1750kbps post office connection which uses the bt wholesale network and from what i can tell there is no shapping going on that effects my low line speed. To be honest on the CS front anything is better than what the post office give ( have to ring up each month just to make sure they bill us  Roll_eyes , stoped the DD and make them send us a invoice with other payment options now)
The only concern i have with coming back to PN's excellent CS is the mystry of what expected speeds and usage caps PN will inforce. i,ve become an unlimited usage junkie since my first taste of it when PN teased me with there very brief offer of unlimited usage capped to hell service. i've had a happyer sufing time on this 1750 PO connection than what i did on the PN 3000kbps thottled (now 4500kbps when i last checked the portal) not had one pause why streaming spotify on this connection but the PN one was a pig on unlimited (and that wasnt the 320kbps streams either)
i've sent a PM to Mr D.T asking for some advice on how PN would treat a new line install fttc during the trial, dont hold much hope but worth doing the research before knoting my self in to a compny just to get fttc as fast as i can
matt_2k34
Grafter

oh i agree, however i can say ive never had a problem with streams from last.fm / spotify - but i seem to remember they had a problem getting a signature for it some time ago.
unlimited junkie? arent we all, the reason FTTC is so appealing is because people want more, and want it 5 minutes ago.
I'm sure PN wont shoot themselves in the foot, and will offer a couple of decent packages, (id expect, 2adsl as there is now, then maybe 2 or 3 FTTC packages, with one *particularly expensive* "unlimited" package)
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: Matt_2k34
with one *particularly expensive* "unlimited" package)

are the bandwidth costs the same to PN on WBMC adsl2+ as the WBMC fttc ?