Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call wait times

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Call wait times

Yes, the call waiting time at 10:45PM will be zero, so a marked improvement. Wink
In fact as there will now be 9.5 hours where the waiting time is zero, the average waiting time will be reduced as well Smiley
It's plainly daft that there's a waiting time of over an hour at 22:45 when PN claim that this is 'off peak'...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since Plusnet staff tell us that agents don't have any "waiting for calls" time during their shift how will handling the same number of calls with the same number of agents, but in fewer hours, help to reduce waiting?
David
avatastic
Grafter

I choose to believe that all the people who worked the night shifts have found homes in Leeds and will now be operating that call centre (the one that will solve all problems with call waiting times) during the day, rather than twiddling their thumbs at night.
Maybe the crusty die-hards should start playing the Euromillions so we can buy Plusnet back from BT and restore it to its former glory...
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: pwatson
Yes, the call waiting time at 10:45PM will be zero, so a marked improvement. Wink
In fact as there will now be 9.5 hours where the waiting time is zero, the average waiting time will be reduced as well Smiley
It's plainly daft that there's a waiting time of over an hour at 22:45 when PN claim that this is 'off peak'...

Well surprise surprise, it's a new day, there are 0 calls waiting (Residential or Business) and the average answer time is 0 seconds
Quote from: Oldjim
God - you are even more cynical or is that jaundiced than me
Even I didn't think of thst one  Roll_eyes

I reckon neither of us thought of this one.
scargill
Grafter

First of all, NOT everything can be resolved by the LIVEPERSON system - which only operates at certain parts of the day.
Last night I tried that system and the time taken to get through was so long I kept forgetting about it. When I eventually did get through they could not give me all the answers I wanted about upgrading - or rather making the new high speed broadband in our area available. I had to contact customer service. As there seems to be no EMAIL option (never make it TOO easy for people) I rang - to be told there was an HOUR wait for replies... someone is taking the mick - wait on the phone for an hour? You must be joking.
So this morning at 7.30am I rang early to make sure I got through - no such luck - HALF an hour wait. This is not about peak demand - this is about NOT having enough STAFF to do the job or not having the kit for the staff you do have.
For a short time I still wish to contact Plusnet to get pricing and timing info to make use of the newly available high speed broadband. If I cannot get through without waiting half an hour or more I'll just assume that Plusnet are in trouble, scrap the contract and go elsewhere.
Really, this is NOT the way to get happy customers.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

According to PN the opening of the new Leeds center was supposed to reduce  call waiting time ? 
HOW long ago did we see this first ? and what has become of the new center ,,, i know the use it to film TV adverts too busy to answer the phone 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion

@scargill
Hi, welcome to the forum.
As you are already a customer, thinking of changing tariff or leaving you need to ring the Customer Options team on 0800-013-2632 not the standard CSC number.
HTH.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

THEORY: The overnight staff will have handled a lot of tickets while waiting for calls. Since they took the ludicrous decision to attempt to kill off tickets are they are finding that overnight there are periods when the night staff have nothing to do? Is that the real reason why they are changing the call centre hours?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

Well ticket response times haven't reduced to less than 24 hrs Roll_eyes
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
With that in mind what we can't do is force our supplier's hand as much as we'd like to for getting the cabling work done sooner.

Hi Adam,
Simple question "Why not and if PlusNET cannot manage their suppliers who can?" for someone has to start making a difference around here.
It is simply not acceptable to systematically allow BTOR to get away with persistent poor performance.  If Andy Baker is not holding BTOR to account for poor performance then one has to ask if he's doing his job properly - fighting for the best service for PlusNET customers?  I know BTOR are abysmal at keeping PlusNET informed - I have a provision requiring new wires for which Plusnet have not been able to obtain responses or commitments from BTOR.  Whilst I have understanding and empathy for the guys on the ground working the processes, until PlusNET acts as an ISP without regard of BT politics and brings formal complaints to Ofcom against BTOR for poor performance, then they (the CEO) remains part of the problem and not part of the solution.
The biggest complaint around is call wait times - surely a key way to reduce call volumes is to fix the necessity to call - the OP here and myself are part of that problem - we want information on when BTOR will do 'X' - if BTOR got the required act together PlusNet's issues would significantly diminish.  Surely fixing the cause of PlusNet's business issues must be high on the CEOs priority list, so what is being done and when will BTOR be fixed?
A "cannot influence our suppliers" attitude helps no one.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.