Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming back to PlusNet at last!

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Coming back to PlusNet at last!

I always get notification on the 1st of the month and it's always on the 6th it taken.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi HPsauce,
I've created Ticket: 82335357 on your account. Please have a look at your earliest convenience.
For reference: it can take 3-5 working days for the money to leave your account from your billing date. However, there are certain circumstances where it may take longer.
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks Linn, read and noted; I wasn't actually expecting any action/reaction from PN staff at this stage.  Wink
(And I do now have a card on there in case it fails again.)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries Smiley I'm always willing to advise if I can Wink
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

OK, so here's the message I got today:
Unfortunately, we've not received the regular Direct Debit payment for your Plusnet account. This was due on 28/02/2014.
Why has this happened?
----------------------
Your Direct Debit payment failed because of the following:
The bank/building society doesn't recognise the instruction setup to pay the Direct Debit.

This is clearly nonsense. and is exactly what happened to my initial payment.  Cry
All my other DD's work fine.
(The ticket mentioned by Linn by the way merely confirmed that it appeared to be set up OK from the PN end and ready to be requested)
I have raised a ticket regarding this, number 82440192, though it also told me the response time is currently around 36 hours so I hope my service isn't impacted while this works its way up the queue.  Undecided
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Interestingly I just spoke to my bank.
They say that a DD was set up by PlusNet on 30th January.
It was then cancelled (by PlusNet) on 31st January! No payments had been requested.
The reference of the DD set up is DIFFERENT to that which is being used to request payment (as noted in your emails to me).
I will add this information to my ticket shortly - no doubt delaying it even more.  Angry
I seem to be acting as bug-tester for the DD system.  Lips_are_sealed
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear this HPsauce!
I'll ensure a colleague looks into this today. Sorry for the inconvenience caused with this. Hopefully we can get this sorted quickly for you.
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Thanks Linn, I have a suspicion that it all somehow relates to reactivating payments on an old PN account where the DD was previously used some years ago (without problems I might add).
Remember, I'm still working OK, so people with service-impacting problems need attention first.  Wink
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've popped an update on your ticket and escalated it back to you for you to respond when you're free. Let's get this sorted for you as soon as possible to ensure that you don't suffer any restrictions to your services.
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Thanks Linn, I've paid by card and "updated" my DD details. They are obviously the same as before, but maybe that will trigger a "refresh" in your systems?
As a note (also mentioned in my ticket) I was unable to do anything on my account (such as change the DD  Roll_eyes ) while the bill was outstanding. That really is a DUMB bit of system design that I suggest you feed back to the designers.
It's fine to get a reminder, but there should then be a bypass to conduct normal activity, it's totally unreasonable and unjustified to have a "hard block" IMHO.
JohnJ-B
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce
Interestingly I just spoke to my bank.
They say that a DD was set up by PlusNet on 30th January.
It was then cancelled (by PlusNet) on 31st January! No payments had been requested.
The reference of the DD set up is DIFFERENT to that which is being used to request payment (as noted in your emails to me).
I will add this information to my ticket shortly - no doubt delaying it even more.  Angry
I seem to be acting as bug-tester for the DD system.  Lips_are_sealed

This is basically one of the things that happened to me, as I mentioned before.
It really is about time PN resolved their Payment System for once & for all!!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll ensure that is fed back for you. I have cancelled the DD instructions that we had to allow you to update your account with the "new" instructions. At your earliest convenience give it another go and update them on the member centre Smiley
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

OK Linn, I've been in now and updated it yet again!
Let's hope that finally this works OK. I've had the following message in an email, which I NEVER saw previously:
* Important: Confirmation that your Direct Debit has been submitted to your bank, pending activation. *

Maybe we're getting somewhere and beating the DD system into submission at last.  Grin
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fingers crossed! Wink
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

I'll keep an eye on my PN account as that now says DD "awaiting submission". (And I'll check at my bank if/when it changes, or after a few days anyway)
Interestingly the DD reference has subtly altered; the numeric section is the same, but the prefix has changed from PNET to PLUS. Any idea why?