Did you mean: 

House Move - Update on connection?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: House Move - Update on connection?

Sorry MelRocks, that tells him nothing.
@custos
Ticket being on hold doesn't stop you putting an update on there, or asking a question such as "What information/detail have you got about what external work and when is it going to be done?"
That'll tell you how much they are pursuing this and in what detail, or are they just accepting fob-offs from one arm of OR that doesn't know what the other is doing!!!
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Isn't it irritating when the PN representatives refer to OpenReach as "our suppliers"!  It implies they use several organisations to supply internet connectivity when in reality they are talking about a sole supplier.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: MelRocks

It seems that currently we are waiting for a particular activity

Thank you, but of course I know what the 'particular activity' is (two lengths of ducting need joining together) and I will know when it is done as it is within a few metres of my front door! The cable can then be laid across the road and then I and my neighbours can be connected - simples! As far as I know this job does not need any major groundwork - the last workman gained access with a spade in about 10 minutes.
Anotherone
Champion

You need to ask the question of Provisioning as suggested  in reply #105. If they don't know, it means whoever they are talking to doesn't know, hence no pressure from Plusnet!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: MelRocks
I've looked through the notes here and also on your account and I am sorry for the long delays and issues you've had. It seems that currently we are waiting for a particular activity by our suppliers to complete so we can progress this further. No update is due till 02/12/15, but I can assure as soon as we have something to tell you we will update you via your account. Thank you.

Is this case on DSO esclation?  If not it should be.  This is gross incompetence by BTOR.  There are characteristics here not dissimilar to my experience; a complete failure by BTOR to raise and process the A55 for way leave works in a timely fashion and then a complete failure to manage the activity of the sub-contractor whoever they are.  In my experience the sub-contractors are even more incompetent than BTOR - they claimed to be waiting on permission from another party to do works.  When I contacted said party, they advised that they were not in receipt of any such request.  In the end I got the works done by the other party and then arranged for BTOR to pick up the activity again.  In the trains up, BTOR initially sought to blame the delay on the other party's 'interference' in doing the work that BTOR's sub-contractors failed to do.
In the same way that we expect PlusNET to take responsibility for everything, no matter who is doing what, BTOR are responsible for ensuring the dependent work is done in a timely fashion.
@Custos - Did you raise a complaint direct to BTOR's CEO as I recommended?
@CRT - Can you point Lee in business support at this case for his review of BTOR 'way leave management' issues please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

custos
Aspiring Pro

There are no issues with way leave. Openreach have been aware that there was a problem with the ducting since mid September. Nothing is happening outside my front door where the relatively simple job has to be done. Neither Openreach or Plusnet have given me any reason for the continuing delay. I am not even expecting an 'update' until next Wednesday. Finally, no, I have not contacted BTOR's CEO - would that really help?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Custos,
I know that this is not a way leave per sec. issue, however it is my understanding that BT way leave department deals with all activity to do with road digs and tree cutting etc.  That's where my complaint finally went when PlusNet took BTOR to task after getting my line in.
A direct complaint to BTOR-CEO gets your case into the DSO (Director of Service's) office.  It opens a route of escalation not otherwise available to any ISP.  AN ISP has to go through an eye-watering painful series of steps and elapsed time before they can engage escalation methods.  Yes it is crass stupid, but its BT's rules.  I'm aware that PlusNet have business users who have been waiting over 12 months for BTOR to get an act together.  There needs to be (please forgive the pun) wholesale change in BTw/BTOR before there is going to be any real improvement in the UK telecoms market place.  Anything beyond an install to an already served premises and they are not fit for purpose.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

You need to phone Plusnet, your developer or OR.
Plusnet are hardly pro-active when it comes to updates on tickets.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Andy,
From bitter recent experience, I can advise...
1. PlusNet cannot proffer updates if there are no updates being made available by OR
2. When attempting to get updates from OR, if they have said "Next update in a week / month / year" they will not entertain a follow-up until a week / month / year has elapsed.
3. Not even with DSO escalation will an ISP get a better service, it does however get it on senior manager's review list
All too often the simplest of tasks if left unmanaged can cause weeks of unnecessary delay.  I know many want to bash the ISP for everything because OR are their suppliers.  Likewise OR has suppliers to their contracts too and should be bashing their suppliers to get the job done.
As mentioned before on this case, it is not clear that OR are not responsible for the earth works - there is certainly nothing the ISP can do about that.  Recourse here has to be back to the network provider... it all cascades down from them.  They are not even stating what the next task / obstacle is...!
Kevin

G3WYP
Rising Star

This is a very useful website, just type in the company name which will give CEO and click on their name for the email address.
http://www.ceoemail.com/index-search.php
custos
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: AndyH
You need to phone Plusnet, your developer or OR.
Plusnet are hardly pro-active when it comes to updates on tickets.

If you read my former posts you will see that I am in contact with both my developer and BTOR (via their on-line form). BTOR have no system in place for two way communication, they have simply reported twice (by e-mail) that when there is something to tell me they will. In their communication they also make it clear that I must contact my supplier not them! My developer from who I purchased the property have contacted the builder who as I have said before has been trying to contact BTOR to find out what is happening - so far with no success. I have been told by the builder that the supply of a telephone service to the development was contracted to BTOR.
With regard to phoning Plusnet: If anyone can tell me how to get through to the appropriate department without multiple waits of nearly an hour I will try again, although of course there are four different 'suppliers' including BT and nobody is being told anything so I rather doubt that Plusnet is the guilty party. I have also mentioned before that one of my  neighbours got so annoyed with his 'supplier' that he canceled his order and his 'supplier' was BT!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

May be a letter to your MP might shove OR a long a bit...?
It really is a poor show if BT Retail cannot influence matters.

AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: custos
BTOR have no system in place for two way communication, they have simply reported twice (by e-mail) that when there is something to tell me they will. In their communication they also make it clear that I must contact my supplier not them! My developer from who I purchased the property have contacted the builder who as I have said before has been trying to contact BTOR to find out what is happening - so far with no success. I have been told by the builder that the supply of a telephone service to the development was contracted to BTOR.

From their website, Openreach New Homes Team - 0800 9179845
Select option 1 for the South East, London & East Anglia
Select option 2 for South West England & Wales
Select option 3 for Central and North West England
Select option 4 for Scotland and North East England
How far has your developer/builder escalated things in accordance with their contract/this http://www.newdevelopments-openreach.co.uk/developers-and-architects/HowToEscalate.aspx ?
custos
Aspiring Pro

From the Openreach website:

We don’t sell phone or broadband services, you need to order those through a service provider of your choice. If you have placed an order, and have a query, your first port of call should be your chosen service provider. They will have your details and really are in the best position to resolve any issues and answer your questions. They will contact us on your behalf via our respective communications processes. If for some reason that process has broken down and you are not satisfied with the response you are getting from them, please contact us via this form and we will do our best to respond within two working days.

To recap: Openreach require home customers who are having a problem getting connected to register with them using an on-line form which I did many weeks ago. This resulted in me being told (twice so far) that when they have an 'update' they will let me know. They do not invite you to phone them up and the phone number mentioned is elsewhere on their site and appears to be for builders and developers to contact them. However, I will give it a try Monday morning.
Anotherone
Champion

I really think that you should also point out all the stuff about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.