Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How low can PlusNet go?

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: How low can PlusNet go?

Does logging into the member centre then going to https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=xxxxxxxxx display the question? You will need to replace the string of x-es with the question no.
David
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Yes it does, thank you  Smiley  Wink
And that now confirms it was the 1st of October they were going to update/change my profile and it might take up to 72 hours  Lips_are_sealed  Lips_are_sealed
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Fourteen days and still waiting for a new profile - wonder how long it takes to make one... minutes?Huh
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

3:40pm, Thursday 1 Oct 2015
Dear Mr Borland,
Thank you for your patience.
I've sent a request to another department to move you onto a different profile to try and resolve the issue with lower than expected upload throughput.
We'll retest the connection in 24-72 hours to make sure this is complete.
Seventeen days for a new profile?? And they wonder why there are complaints?? (Especially whewn the original ticket started back in JUNE)
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

So after over 2 weeks to set up a new profile -
Thank you for your patience.
I called today but was only able to leave a message. I have checked with our Networks Team and agents in the Fault Department about your line issue. They have confirmed that the upload speeds are not determined with the profile on your line that my colleague requested to have changed.
As stated by Andrew on 1st October, the upload speeds on a line work on a "Best Effort". We have no way of guaranteeing them to perform at a rate.
I have checked your line today and all the profiles are correct for the package they are on.

So in effect Plusnet are saying they can advertise a package at 40/20 and give you 38/9 and that's all OK and fine?
And this of course completely ignores the screen shots of the BT engineer who got the full speed when PlusNet was taken out of the equation  Angry Angry Angry
End of story, but be careful what you buy vs what you get - things have changed at plusnet in the eleven years I've been with them... and it's not for the better!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

see my reply http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,142311.msg1278090.html#msg1278090
I don't think there's much point in running two threads saying the same things, it just confuses everyone.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

mod:note
locked in favour of existing thread.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'