I am leaving good ****** bye Rubbishnet

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Re: I am leaving good ****** bye Rubbishnet

Quote from: Rubbish
Yippee,
I have finally moved to O2, and my speed has exceeded advertised speeds. So what were you playing at Plusnet? I believe you use ADSL2 technology just as 02. The problem is that you over-subscribe.

That's simply not true, we've definitely enough capacity on 21CN platform. Whilst we use ADSL2+ technology, we are using BT Wholesale's implementation and *not* O2's. O2 have their own kit in the exchange and are not subject to Wholesale's Dynamic Line Management systems. It's this system that's responsible for banded profiles etc. If that's what your problem was with then I'm not surprised it was resolved by moving to O2 as their systems don't apply banded profiles.
Shame on you.   And then you slam people with unfair charges for getting cheesed off with your flannel and leaving early.

Any charges you incur when leaving will be deferred costs that we have paid our wholesalers on your behalf. I fail to see how asking you to pay for these is unfair? We're not a charity after all and line activation/cessation isn't particularly cheap. Worth noting that we do write these deferred costs off in most situations where a customer has been with us for over a year.
I was told by Plusnet staff that I had been put on a Banded profile which PN were having trouble getting removed, and indeed did not all the time I was a PN victim! Hence slow speeds. So you knew all along what the problem was but tried to get BT to my house and no doubt I would have been victim of trumped up charges..

Not being party to all the information I'm only making assumptions, but it sounds to me like your problem was due to the application of a banded profile and not something specific to our systems?
Nonetheless, sorry to see you go Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵