Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie coming over soon

tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Re: Newbie coming over soon

Quote from: Linn
I wouldn't be able to confirm or deny this 100%...
No need. Had yet another bizarre conversation with Sky last night.
"Your broadband wasn't cancelled because you didn't ask for a MAC code."
"I did request one, but I was told I didn't need one. I have an e-mail to that effect."
"Yes, that's right you don't need a MAC code to migrate away from Sky's network. You need to tell us you want to cancel though, or Openreach will have problems when they start switching your service."
"I did. The cancellation was the reason for the email exchange where I was told I don't need a MAC."
"Oh yes, I see that on your account. Do you know when you will be switching?"
"It was done on Thursday."
"Oh right. I'll arrange for a refund on your account. I'm looking at the trail on your account and I'm shaking my head in disbelief. I don't blame you for leaving. This is utterly ridiculous. What I will do is refund your phone and broadband charges from 10th December when you joined."
"Thank you, but by the time the initial SNAFU was sorted I didn't actually join until 23rd December. After that, the services were up & down like a tart's drawers because Sky screwed the order up so badly."
"Oh my goodness. All I can do is apologise profusely, and I'll credit your TV account by way of compensation for the completely unacceptable way you were treated."

I think that says plenty about the glitch Openreach found when they switched the service away from Sky.