cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic speeds during the eveing once again.

Addnan
Grafter

Re: Pathetic speeds during the eveing once again.

Its not a gateway issue. I have tried several in the past few months.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

on your favourite POPLAR exchange
Addnan
Grafter

If I order the MAC code tomorrow. Will I have to pay instantly or do I only pay if I use it?
I'm thinking I should order the MAC tomorrow since it will take forever to get to me. I don't think I will be able to pay the hefty cacellation fee instantly though. I should be able to pay it by the time I order O2. 
Addnan
Grafter

When do I pay the £70?
Addnan
Grafter

The guy at customer service was quite nice. Took about 7mins to get the MAC out of him. Tried telling me that moving to LLU won't make any difference at all.
He also tried saying that he can put me on ADSL2+, and thats not available at my exchange. When I tol him I can get O2 for almost £10 cheaper he finally gave in.  
Can a staff just make sure the MAC code order has gone through.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Addnan,
We have received the request, the MAC should be appended to the open ticket within the next couple of days. Sorry to see you go, though we understand why - hopefully we'll see you around these parts still, and maybe back once the exchange issues are resolved? Fingers crossed, anyway.
Thanks very much for your custom.
Addnan
Grafter

I like these forums so will probably stick around. Who knows, lets say ADSL2+ comes, the exchange gets a bit more stable and the price gets a bit more competitive I will probably be back. Good customer service no doubt.
One more question, why did the guy say the I won't need a MAC to switch to LLU?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Normally a MAC isn't required if it's a transfer from BTW to LLU, the LLU provider can place an LLU transfer order. I don't think there'll be any issues if you do have it when you move though. I know the MAC is required for moves in the other direction (i.e. LLU -> BTW).
Addnan
Grafter

Thank you for all the help everyone. I hope there isn't too many issues during switch over. Should I give you guys a call if I switch over?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you can get a free connection, cant remember what it is called so that you still use the forums and collect e-mail
Addnan
Grafter

Can I have that after I leave please, because I want use this forum. I like the chit chat section
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure, the best way is to add a note to the ticket asking that we downgrade the account to a free dial up - that way it should happen once your migration out is confirmed.
Hope that helps,
Addnan
Grafter

I need a little help on how this payment will be taken. Will you guys just take it direct debit, because I do not wish this to happen. I don't think there will be £70 extra in that account, so can someone tell me how to pay that £70 using a different card.
If this isn't possible I guess I will have to sort something out.
Addnan
Grafter

I don't think I will leave just yet. You can cancel the MAC order. I think BT are going to start doing a complete overhaul of my exchange and don't really want to leave and get into a long contract with another company. What of they get FTTC there and I am in a contract at that time?
Sorry for all the hassle lol. Can I try Premium just for a while see if it is any better. If not then can I be put back on Unlimited?
Thank you and again sorry. I don't want to go on premium permenantly, I just want to test it. Can someone see if my Xbox 360 Skyplayer traffic is managed properly, because I can't get it to buffer at night. iplayer, youtube etc works fine
Sorry for the trouble. Embarrassed
Another reason aswell lol, All LLU orders keep failing. They go through initially then get rejected for everyone not just me.
I also just read this http://www.btwholesale-briefingportal.com/brief/downloadpdf/50930d2030575de6848c19641f566f73/243-09_...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Addnan.
Quote from: Addnan
I need a little help on how this payment will be taken. Will you guys just take it direct debit, because I do not wish this to happen. I don't think there will be £70 extra in that account, so can someone tell me how to pay that £70 using a different card.

We won't take it by direct debit, we'd get in touch and see if we could take it by card or cheque. Further more (as per following comments) if you don't use the MAC code we won't need to take those charges either Smiley
I don't think I will leave just yet. You can cancel the MAC order.

No worries - we can't cancel it, but that's not a worry - as long as you don't use the code it'll expire in 30 days.
Sorry for all the hassle lol. Can I try Premium just for a while see if it is any better. If not then can I be put back on Unlimited?

Shouldn't be a problem. Confirm you definitely want it and I'll make the change for you, if you don't like it let us know within the month and we'll get it changed back for you.
Hope that helps,