cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Diagnostics bot useless without a landline

ToeKnee60
Grafter

Plusnet Diagnostics bot useless without a landline

I have tried to use the Plusnet Diagnostics Bot twice since I changed to the Fibre product (FTTC broadband with no landline).
It always says "we have been unable to auto match this mobile with a phone/broadband account".

My mobile number has always been part of my account details and when I log into my account I can see that it exists as both telephone number and mobile number. Matching the number was never a problem when I still had the landline.

It then says "Please provide a full phone number including an area code of the affected service to enable us to investigate", which is obviously impossible without a landline number.

As Plusnet are actively encouraging people to drop their landline and not selling a digital voice product, the Diagnostics Bot is going to become increasingly useless for more customers.

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Plusnet Diagnostics bot useless without a landline

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Plusnet Feedback

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@ToeKnee60 

Out of interest, what happens if you delete the landline number from your account just leaving the mobile one and trying again?

I'm just wondering whether the Plusnet system defaults to the landline number without then looking for a mobile if there is a landline one present.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ToeKnee60
Grafter

When I gave up my landline, I changed my Broadband account details so that both the "Telephone" number and the "Mobile"  are my mobile number.

Are you suggesting deleting the "Telephone" number and leave the "Mobile" number?

I tried this, but if I leave the "telephone" number blank it gives the error message "Please enter a valid telephone number".

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@ToeKnee60 

Try a line of zero's - that's what happend to me when I gave up my landline while on the FTTP Trial.

Brian

ToeKnee60
Grafter

As the original error was "we have been unable to auto match this mobile with a phone/broadband account" then surely it is looking for a mobile number (which is already on the account).
Since you entered a line of zeros for the "telephone" number have you tried the diagnostics bot and did it match your mobile number to your account? If so, I will try that.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@ToeKnee60 

I've never had to use the BOT so I have no knowledge on how it works.

Here's my phone numbers from my account

Telephone1.JPG

Telephone2.JPG

Regards

Brian