cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet launches new ad campaign focused on customer service

amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet launches new ad campaign focused on customer service

I don't contact pn all that often but if it's more dire than before these change next time I do need to contact them I will be off.
To be honest once out off contract i'll probably jump ship anyway. Really sad to see the changes that have been made.
To start a campaign on customer service when it has been cut so dramatically is strange. I trust the figures they base the new claims on are only those collected after the decimation.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Minusnet should be prosecuted under the trade descriptions act for false advertising.  Angry
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Mod:note
Topics merged
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: decomplexity
  Some have short memories the ticket system wasn't exactly quick often taking days to get a response ,no, accessing customer support without issues  isn't one of plusnets priorities , maybe if they stopped giving away profits on broadband , they could invest in proper support ?
alext05
Grafter

Here comes Karmarama with a beautiful and moving tear-jerker!
http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/plusnet-broadband-loves-back-karmarama/1359680
Warning for people of sensitive nature: A router has been harmed in making of this advert.
On the plus side, no calls were made to the Plusnet's customer support.
Enjoy.
Estragon
Rising Star

The survey the new campaign is relying on was before the changes to phone hours, effective withdrawal of the ticket system except for Plusnet being able to create them without you finding out until told, restricted Chat hours, and clueless Jess. (A brilliant description from above).
Re the phones, I have rung COT twice recently. The 7th and today. In both cases the warning was "about 15 minutes" wait time. Both times it was almost exactly 30 minutes before the music stopped and an extension rang. Answered within seconds. Both times the agent was very helpful. So once I got through, brilliant. But an hour of my life gone.
I wonder if they now have an auto 30-minute latency built in  Crazy . On the grounds that most will drop out.
avatastic
Grafter

Maybe 30 minutes is how long it takes to whittle a spoon?
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
alext05
Grafter

Grin Grin Grin
The new campaign videos are pretty daft and childish.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PlusNetTV/videos
And Plusnet Joe is no Bear Grylls.
Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Jesus it is awful - just what market segment are they aiming at
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

They look cheap and tacky to me
What does spoons and toilet seats , have to do with good quality broadband and service Huh , maybe it's just me, and i am not seeing the funny side of the adverts
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gwyndy
Dabbler

I've struggled with Plusnet support recently.
My internet went down just before the call centre closed, couldn't get through in time, had to use Facebook - who to be fair were very helpful.
Then I got emailed their help video guide which told me to connect a phone to the test socket, even though the phone calls were unaffected, it was purely a broadband issue.
Wait times for chat appear to never be less than 15 minutes, more often 30.
Still it could be worse, I could still be with BT Sad
The best customer service I've ever had was as a legacy customer of probably the most cursed telecommunications company (the one with the initials T T not sure if allowed to name). Over a period of some 9 years, my original supplier had changed hands a few times and eventually ended up in the Business Section of the aforementioned, so I could 7am to Midnight support at a UK call centre, which was open weekends. It is now apparently only Mon-Fri 8am-6pm - what's the point of those hours if you run a business that relies on the internet?
alext05
Grafter

Quote from: I
maybe it's just me, and i am not seeing the funny side of the adverts

It's not just you, unfortunately. They are not funny. They are basically bad.
Quote from: Oldjim
Jesus it is awful - just what market segment are they aiming at

Spoon whittlers. They realised that niche market hasn't been targeted yet. It's a marketing coup. The creative brains at Karmarama should be proud of themselves.
Grin  Grin  Grin
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I hate cheap tacky adverts they put me off a product. Sorry PN but they wouldn't entice me to join as a new customer.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: gwyndy
Then I got emailed their help video guide which told me to connect a phone to the test socket, even though the phone calls were unaffected, it was purely a broadband issue.
It is now apparently only Mon-Fri 8am-6pm - what's the point of those hours if you run a business that relies on the internet?

At the risk of going off topic...
A warm welcome to the forums.
Checking out the sound quality of the phone line is an essential step in diagnosing a broadband fault.  Noise on the line is very bad news for broadband.  The absence of a dial tone would indicate a break in one side of the copper pair (ADSL can limp along with just one side of the pair remaining connected).  All of these faults would be dealt with by the phone line provider, which for some plusnet broadband users is not plusnet.
If you are using your line for business, then you should not be using a residential package.  Plusnet business services receive 24x7 phone support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: Mayfly
I hate cheap tacky adverts they put me off a product. Sorry PN but they wouldn't entice me to join as a new customer.

These ads have no merit until every call is answered within a couple of rings as was my call to business support yesterday afternoon (a first in the last 3 months).  The ads are whacky enough, but given the recent average experience they claim a customer experience that does not reflect the real world.  In fairness when you do get through, plusnet staff, generally know what they are about (which is why I'm likely to remain with them), are polite and friendly, but it can be a long wait.