cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service from Plusnet and deadlock between SKY and Plusnet

gphancock
Grafter

Re: Poor customer service from Plusnet and deadlock between SKY and Plusnet

I was going to say chocolate teapot but chocolate fireguard works just as well for me.  Wink
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...or an ashtray on a motorbike.
I'm following this thread with interest.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
gphancock
Grafter

That works for me too Wink
Again thanks for all the feedback and advice in resolving this issue. I have learnt a lot in a matter of days on this forum/community. Smiley
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

A whole bunch of us are fascinated to see how this works out and appreciate you keeping everyone informed.  Cool
gphancock
Grafter

Thanks HPsauce.  Smiley
There could be feedback for a while. That is all I am saying at this stage Wink
abstruse21
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
...or an ashtray on a motorbike.
I'm following this thread with interest.

A couple of decades back as  a teenager I foolishly tried to smoke while riding my motorbike.. bike gloves (not helpful).. open visor (stupid)..    I would strongly advise against it.. hot ash in eyes while moving.... I must have been really stupid as a teen..
gphancock
Grafter

Pretty much! What were you thinking? Shocked

Update - Tuesday at 5pm

No word from SKY and no MAC key.  Roll_eyes
I have just spent the past 2 hours dealing with an insurance claim that was originally sanctioned by the adjuster/insurance company and a month later there is a query. Once again, I was dealing with a claim and counter claim situation. It made me think what is wrong with companies and the general corporate culture in UK? Can't anyone admit mistakes these days? Roll_eyes Anyway, I digress...I guess I should get in contact with SKY again, as they appear to have forgotten me again, since 10am Wink
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gphancock,
I'm aware Chris P is dealing with this via PM's but do keep us updated on your progress with SKY. Hopefully we can get this resolved for you as quickly as possible!
abstruse21
Grafter

Clearly.. back in those days I didn't do much thinking lol!!
I was a teenager.. what can you expect  Crazy
Give Sky a good kick up the backside for the MAC. Plusnet are waiting! And it seems willing... Cheesy
gphancock
Grafter

Hi Linn,
Yes, Chris P is dealing with this issue for me via PM. As others have asked me to keep updating, I am also putting some of that information on here.  I am being somewhat careful what I write at a certain level, as I am aware that this is an open community. I may add a bit more, when matters are resolved.
Bet you were pleased that you were away last week and didn't have to deal with this case Wink
gphancock
Grafter

Quote from: abstruse21
Clearly.. back in those days I didn't do much thinking lol!!
I was a teenager.. what can you expect  Crazy
Give Sky a good kick up the backside for the MAC. Plusnet are waiting! And it seems willing... Cheesy

I think that applies to most of us  Wink Saying that, I did engage the brain throughout my teens, it just went downhill after that!
I have contacted the designated person via e-mail and I am waiting  for a response. They seem to communicate with me first thing and late afternoon/evenings. Perhaps they hold meetings in the afternoon? Wink
They are waiting and it is rude to keep people waiting isn't it?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: gphancock

Bet you were pleased that you were away last week and didn't have to deal with this case Wink

They say timing is everything Wink
I did enjoy my time off, however, I don't think Chris Pettitt was happy I was away! I would've been more than happy to help if I was in the office but you're in more than capable hands with Chris P and I know he's on top of things!
Thanks for the updates on here though! I'm sure I'll be updated by Chris as well!
gphancock
Grafter

Indeed it is Wink
We all need a break sometimes. Poor Chris P but at least you are back now!  :)Yes, Chris P has been most helpful with this case (and sure you would have been too!) and it is a case of waiting on SKY.
Out of interest, what are the reasons you cannot close down broadband connection with BT Wholesale?
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Presumably if Sky don't provide a MAC there is a process to follow that will resolve it. Have you actually formally requested one from them or have they just "told you" it will happen?
gphancock
Grafter

The first MAC was requested almost a month ago and I received that on the 11th March, 2014.  The 2nd MAC code was requested on the 3rd and 4th April, 2014 by myself and Ofcom. That was declined and I was informed that BT Wholesale would have to be contacted to terminate my connection. Ofcom stated that SKY were well within their rights to suspend my broadband connection. I managed to negotiate a stay of execution and keep the connection until Monday. I contacted SKY on Monday to cut me off and remove the TAG. Today, I receive an e-mail that they have to take the MAC route, as SKY had no joy with BT Wholesale and cutting my connection yesterday.
Update Tuesday - approx 9pm
It is going to take up to 3 working days to generate the MAC. I am being contacted Thursday.
I intend contacting Ofcom tomorrow to request some advice on the above. I expect that the same support for SKY but I am interested to hear what they have to say about the latest developments.