cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor ticket reply times

grizzly

Re: Poor ticket reply times

Have plusnet taken on too many customers? Just cannot understand why the support appears to have taken a massive nose dive all of a sudden I have had very good support up till now.
I am back to square one again, they sent an engineer out yesterday changed the pair and today no Internet again and interference back on the line  .....  As it was on "hold" I have updated the existing ticket at 8:37am this morning so we'll see.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: grizzly
Just cannot understand why the support appears to have taken a massive nose dive all of a sudden I have had very good support up till now.

I think your experience at the hands of BTOR explains very clearly why support has taken a noise dive.  BTOR are the providers, installers and repairers of the services sold by PlusNet.  So when they fail to fix an issue on their first visit, that generates more follow-up calls to PlusNet support, either by phone or tickets.  If the experiences reported around here are typical, BTOR inadequacies are generating THREE TIMES the support work load than what it would be if they delivered a proper fix, first time, every time.
If you add to that BTOR's attempts to deliver hi-tech data services over old decrepit aluminium wires (installed as a voice service cost saving activity back in the 60's & 70's IIRC) and refusing to refurbish those which are failing, it is hardly surprising that people find themselves in your position - being forced to accept the best of a bad bunch of degraded pairs.  Sadly unless you can opt for Virgin media, we have no option but to accept service over BTOR infrastructure.
As you state back to square one - BTOR (not PlusNet) have put you on a worse line.
Hope you are soon sorted!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

grizzly

Thanks Townman, yes understand the constraints of BTOR, it is the lack of response, updates from Plusnet which is annoying me, still have not had a reply since 0847 Thursday, after the fault re-occured so the ticket is not even back for re-appointment with BTOR.
I have my work provided internet also provided over BT via a third party which is working fine but family are whinging like made as the home service has pretty much been off for nearly a week. Dont realise how much they use it till it's broken  Roll_eyes
It might be time for a change.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The number of Plusnet users has risen by about 25% (150,000) in the last year. New users will always generate more support calls anyway.
The problem is not so much that OpenReach have suddenly got much worse but that Plusnet don't have the trained and experienced resources to deal with them.
There is something Plusnet could do to improve the situation: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122115.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyH
Grafter

The problem is just the way the ticket system works (or doesn't work!).
If it's taking 2-3 days for each ticket to be picked up and responded to, then it's taking far too long to deal with faults. By the time the fault is raised with BT Wholesale/Openreach, then it's probably taking 1 week+ from the time the fault is reported to the time an engineer shows up.
With BT Retail, their system is much simpler. You can go through an online system which will do the line checks, tell you where the fault is/might be and then allow you to book an engineer. Why can Plusnet not have a system like this?
The other issue I've seen recently is that some tickets seem to be assigned to certain members of staff. Yet when those members of staff go on holiday, the end user is left in the lurch as there seems to be no staff handover. There was one example here where a Plusnet user had to rely on information from BT Retail to their customers to get an update as to what's going on! 
mapletree
Grafter

It's not just the poor response times, but the quality of the response.  I have had a ongoing Internet speed problem and the ticket responses are not particularly informative.  I was notified of a repair date of 15th September and then my landline stopped working yesterday.  I couldn't get any useful information from PN about what is going on.
chrcoluk
Grafter

The forum staff appear to be part timers as well (at least on the forums).
e.g. Linn replied to my post last week but I havent seen her on here since, so I then had to find someone else to carry on dealing with my fault.
I am pretty sure even going back just 1-2 months forum staff were way more active.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The staff on here also are the complaints department:
Quote from: JessBooth
Customer Relations is a new Team within Plusnet, combining our Digital Care & Complaints Teams.  We are responsible for resolving customer questions, queries & complaints via all channels, including (but not limited to) the Plusnet Community Forums, Twitter, Facebook and through our Complaints processes.
Prior to July, our social media presence was dealt with by Digital Care, a team that consisted of 5 people.  By combining Digital Care with our Complaints Team, we now have up to 15 people who are able to cover these workflows across all of our brands, which includes Plusnet, Madasafish & Metronet.  In the near future, you will also see us begin to expand the hours we’re here on the forums and social media, in order to provide you all with a more improved customer experience.

If their presence on here is limited they must be dealing with one heck of a lot of complaints!
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: grizzly
Have to agree with you here I have had good experience with plusnet up to now responding to issues I have experienced in the past,  but 2 days now without broadband and no response to my ticket ?
Not impressed.

Was this a fault ticket? If so it will be in the pool and there are targets for fault times
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Good point! If you didn't raise a fault by going through the trouble shooter at http://faults.plus.net/ when they do respond to the ticket it's likely they will ask you to go through the troubleshooter anyway.
grizzly

It was a fault ticket raised on the 4th Sept via the troubleshooter .... I work in support myself so understand prioritys/ sla's, ticket repsonse etc and this isn't good enough in my opinion. Reading some of the feedback here and due to the lack of response have already made up my mind to be honest I will be looking for a new provider.
Cheers
grizzly

Too little too late  . . .  Sad
Just to update as I was getting increasingly annoyed with the lack of response I did go ahead and put in a request t o change providers . . . to that end got a telephone call the next day from plusnet asking if I had put a request in too cancel the service, I advised of my reasons and then the lady in question assisted in identifying the fault, and was very helpful, but as its an exchange issue they cannot fix it as I have requested for the service to be moved. They did say if I cancel the request they could send someone out to fix but as I said its too little too late and I will be moving away I'm afraid which does unfortunately for me mean I will have to just do without Internet until it gets moved over.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry to hear about this Grizzly.  Embarrassed
I wish you all the best with your new provider.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Grizzly,
It is always sad to see people go, especially as the result of issues with BTOR equipment.  I wish you luck and hope that your new provider can get BTOR to fix the issue with their equipment, which is going to stick with you like super glue until resolved.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Steevo
Grafter

40 days on from the first post to the ticket and the problem has still not been resolved. After every engineer visit (3) it has taken PlusNet a week to post up the engineer's report, test the line, and put a reply on the ticket. I personally think that's awful customer service to almost ignore a customer who is having problems.