Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Protection

Quote from: Diamond
When I first took on my rolling 1 month contract with PN, I did so via telephone where I stipulated that my details are not to be passed to a third party, and I did not wish to receive marketing emails. If that was not acceptable, no worries, plenty of other service providers willing to take my money and adhere to my request.
As my terms were agreed to by the sales person, it is safe to assume that I did not sign up for them.

1. I suggest you are obliged to report the issue to PlusNet BEFORE reporting them as Spam - especially in the apparent absence of any written confirmation of your discussions
Quote from: Diamond
By marking as spam, I am actually telling my email server to either place unwanted emails addressed to ME in a spam folder where I can choose to view before deleting,  or, delete at the server without saving,

2. By hitting the Spam button you are actually reporting them, not just moving them to a different folder.
Diamond
Grafter

Quote from: drj

1. I suggest you are obliged to report the issue to PlusNet BEFORE reporting them as Spam - especially in the apparent absence of any written confirmation of your discussions

You can suggest all you like drj but  the saying "Horse...stable Door....bolted" comes to mind!  if they don't like it they have two choices,
I'm sure they will make contact if they wish to challenge my action.
2. By hitting the Spam button you are actually reporting them, not just moving them to a different folder.

Depending on the mail system used,   I can either mark as spam or report spam...the first gives the option to unmark as spam therefore is at user level not global..
drj
Aspiring Pro

1. You should always confirm a verbal contract in writing - it's just one person's word against another otherwise.
2. I was referring to webmail - I use the Spam reporting facility at RoundCube to report Spam before I download it.
Diamond
Grafter

Not had a letter from PN in all the years I have been with them,  (had a few refunds and credits though especially when the South African call certre bunch screwed up) 
Your concerns are noted, but after 50 years of dealing verbally, I won't be changing  Wink 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it comes in an e-mail to your Postmaster box - which you choose not to read
ChrisL
Rising Star

Easy enough to check whether Plusnet has noted what you thought you had agreed orally....
Quote from: spraxyt
Why not set your Email Communication Preferences (link) to reflect that choice?