cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I complain that works

Colin_Eastwood

What was once a first class organisation - at least compared to its competition - seems to be in the race to provide as little interaction with its financial support (aka "Customers') as possible, thus heading for the same river that the once giant company Netflix has jumped into.

First they send me a non-reply email about something they appear to consider important, then they provide a Mickey Mouse email address to allow the image of some 'customer concern' an ephemeral lifetime.  In perhaps another vain attempt to be heard I will post a copy of that Complaint here.

"Dear Sirs

Here is a copy of a failed to reach you email, sent in response to your complaint about my mailbox being to large.

"Your email web page is long overdue for a new version.   

I have just spent 30 minutes trying to delete some emails - despite my understanding that they are only held for a fixed period.  If this turns out to have been prompted by a non-reply email (see below) then too bad for you… my patience on your steam driven web-mail page is quite spent, and your chance to fix a problem of your own making will have been lost"

ADDENDUM TO ABOVE
There are well over 5000 emails fit for deletion and I am happy to let them ALL go… however the time it takes to delete them - seemingly by a page of 40 at a time - is prohibitive.   So despite your unhelpful - and less than careful to your own interests, in notifying me of a problem then closing the door and going to sleep - here is a complaint and a suggestion that you sort it out at your end.

Sincerely, C G Eastwood

Please note ’no reply’ communications are clearly ‘junk-mail’; to avoid loss of any valid/important contact please avoid this means of communication."
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@Colin_Eastwood Two things - you have posted this in totally the wrong board - I will ask the mods to move it to a more appropriate one. Also, It is a little short on detail, albeit it a longish post.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Culling mailbox contents

If you need to clean out your mailbox, may be because it is over quota, then as well as tidying up the inbox, you need to also look at the SENT ITEMS folder and then afterwards clear out the TRASH folder. However some times webmail performance can make this process very tedious, particularly if the delete action (actually a move to the trash folder) fails.

If you primarily want to delete emails, you can mitigate delete performance issues by doing an "immediate" delete (rather than a move to trash for deletion later) by holding down the SHIFT key when pressing the DEL key. This works in both webmail and most PC based email clients. WARNING SHIFT+DEL is not recoverable so be certain absolutely, that you do not need the email before pressing the buttons!

Alternatively, in webmail (Round Cube) Settings -> Server Settings there are some options worth exploring controlling how deletes are performed...

1. Flag the message for deletion instead of delete
  2. If moving messages to "Deleted Items" fails, permanently delete them
  3. Compact Inbox on logout

Setting these options and using them together will avoid the over heads of moving items to the trash folder when you wish to delete them. They will simply be greyed out and remain in the inbox list. After logging out of webmail, they will then be removed from the mailbox.

Whilst this might be highly proficient, it needs to be used with care, for when they are gone, they are gone. Note also that Plusnet house-keeping clears out the trash folder weekly.

Note: You do not NEED to use the webmail interface, you can use any email client of your choosing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

Posts have been split from another topic and moved. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for your time @Colin_Eastwood, I really appreciate and glad we've been able to sort your query out. 

I am really sorry for the problems you had getting in touch with us and for the problems with your webmail. 

As mentioned, if you have any further queries in future, please feel free to get in touch here on our forums. 

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team