Re: Still Not Learned Your Lesson

Quote from: Jameseh
It's nothing like £100.

So what is it like?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

look at my post - that is probably the maximum as that was the original Ofcom proposals
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
We've managed to get the external work done and have been able to appoint another engineer to attend your premises. Your tick has been updated with all the info.
I've also refunded your last bill payment to your account, this will take up-to 10 days top process.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: EnglishMohican
Quote from: Jameseh
It's nothing like £100.

So what is it like?

I see James is being very quiet!
jessiev

I'm afraid I have not been able to respond because I am still without broadband to my home!! I was only given a weekday for the phone to be connected - because of work I tried to get a weekend but was told by customer services this was not possible so had to book yet more time off work. I finally have a landline but according to my email from plusnet the other day the broadband will not be activated until January 4th 2013!! I did test this yesterday and there is definitely no active connection yet. This means I have been without internet since 17th November AND I have received notice that my standing order will be taken on the 28th December (in full).
Can it be confirmed that I will either not have to pay for having no service for almost 2 months or at the very least will this be refunded?Huh
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Happy to confirm that you will be refunded in full for the time you were without service, I'm sorry this has been ongoing for so long. If it's alright we'd rather do it once the service is provided as that way we'll know how much to refund but we can work out what needs to be refunded so far and do that today if you wish? Bear in mind it'll take a week or so (probably a bit more at this time of year given the bank holidays) though.
jessiev

Thank you for your message. It has taken a little while longer to set up my broadband. The engineer arrived on the 21st December and installed the phoneline and plugged in the router - although I found out this weekend the phone line the router was plugged into (by the engineer) does not actually have a DSL line. I was told by customer services last night that regardless of how many phone sockets the engineers wire up on the day they are only obliged to have only one work. I now have to wait a further 72 hours to see if the boardband speed increases from it's current 0.2mb. I hope there are no other 'small print' issues I need to be aware of if I want to continue with my plusnet contract?Huh
I would appreciate the refund of my direct debit for the last month - as well as my wasted time off work for no-show / missed appointment and countless minutes on hold to customer services?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You shouldn't have to wait 72hrs.
Can you run the BT Speedtester (Diagnostic) and copy and paste the results into a post. Ignore all the red print stuff except make sure you aren't using the Internet for anything else or running any large programs.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Regarding the refund, there's a ticket on your account with our finance team who'll action that for you. As for the speeds, I can see a 288 profile was assigned to your line yesterday - is the router in the master socket, and are all phones/other items plugged into the line done so through a microfilter?
If you could post the information from your router that Anotherone mentions above we'll be able to advise further.