cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support seems to have dropped the BT levels

junk99

Support seems to have dropped the BT levels

I've had enough of BT  and having had to wait a year for my "prepaid line rental" to end and am looking to change.

I use Plusnet for my fibre internet, so they were my 1st port of call . I just tied "web chat" not available, then phone, but it tells me I have t wait on hold for almost an hour. The I tried to log onto my real account. It rejected the password (even though it’s saved in my browser, so obversely correct). So o opted to reset it. I followed the link and successfully set it the value it must have been all long. It then said I had to log on again, which I did and again it failed again. My guess is a bug whereby it trips over some the non alphanumeric characters in my password. So I went though the reset once again, this time choosing a very simply password (great security this !)  again it said I had to login again. This time THE VERY FIRST time I logged in it said "too many attempts ...either wait or reset the password" ... since it had just been reset and immediately got this message there was little point in trying to reset, so I end up with the "burner" account.

I joined force9 almost 20 years ago, it was bought by plusnet. It had by far and away the best support of any ISP (I worked for NTL, now Virgin at the time 🙂 ) my 1st support call started with "really, have you got a wireshark of that?" (which I did ) . But this is now "BT level" support , nobody answers the phones, no working webchat, flaky web sites . I want to change my phone provider and I can't even get Plusnet to answer the phone. I hate to think what would happen if I actually had a problem I needed to discuss?

1 REPLY 1
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Support seems to have dropped the BT levels

Hi @junk99 ,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forum.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of the issues you've had when trying to call us.

If you'd like, on this occasion, I can arrange for a sales advisor to give you a call to sort out your phoneline?

Alternatively you can contact our customer options team who can arrange this for you directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00