rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Time to answer

avatastic  , When is the next pink pig due to fly ?Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

They don't need better queue management, they need more people answering.  In addition better online reporting processes, and better fault management, would both mean fewer people needing to phone in.
Seatonsurfer

Unforunately, PN are following the well trodden path of most British companies. Advertise cheap deals, pull the punters in and do little to improve the support side of the business. Its always the support staff that have to sort out the irrate customers, while senior manangement pat themselves on the back and decide on how big their Christmas bonus is going to be. Ofcom share the blame for not acting quickly enough to monitor and act upon poor customer service.
Shame really, because PN were quite good at one time.
dippo

I've just waited 89 minutes for my call to be answered.
I'm glad I did; I was calling because I hadn't received a response to a choice of possible appointment times I had supplied online yesterday for an Openreach engineer visit. My online message had not been dealt with in over 24 hours, but the call centre were able to action it immediately and give me an appointment time.
If only that could be done without the 89 minute wait . . . .
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I phoned up mid-afternoon today and a recorded message said to expect a 30 min wait. I put the phone on speaker but after a minute of that "music" turned the speaker off again. I got all flustered and confused when I heard a little voice coming from my phone after just 7 minutes. (This was for an account matter not a technical issue but still pretty good had it not been for that awful "music" on hold)
dippo

Clearly I was wrong to be glad I waited 89 minutes for Plusnet to answer my call last night; the visit they told me they had arranged hasn't happened. Now my dilemma is whether to risk waiting another hour and half on the phone to be given information which I apparently can't rely on, or to submit an update to my ticket; it took over four days to get the initial response to my ticket, so that doesn't seem a particularly attractive option either.
Looking on the bright side, it's only seven months to the end of my contract period!
ScottyStec

Tonight I had to wait an hour and 20 minutes for my call to be answered when chasing for an update on a Plusnet TV issue I originally reported on the 31st October! When I did get an answer I was quickly told that support couldn't help me and I needed to be passed to the TV team, for which there is apparently no direct number. Been in the que for the TV team for another hour now and still no answer!
deathtrap
Grafter

wow  some 6-7 months ago i waited around 15-20mins and thought that was bad, over 1hr, I would never wait that long ,
dippo

You say you would never wait that long - what else would you suggest? Submitting a ticket or an update to a ticket seems to be as effective as putting a letter in the post - you don't know whether or not anyone has received it or read it, or when they might get round to responding to it. At least if you wait for a reply on the phone you are told what the status is, even if there appears to be no guarantee that what they say will happen actually happens. I'm afraid PN's service level so far has left me uncertain whether it was the fault of Openreach that their engineer failed to attend yesterday as arranged.