Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Limits & Speed

James
Grafter

Re: Usage Limits & Speed

That's not correct Mav.
Restrictions would get removed every billing month, regardless of how many times it has happened.
Mav
Fixes: 517

I'm sure it used to be the case.
Come to think of it, perhaps it was on reaching 30GB twice (as part of the SUPand possibly in successive months) that the restrictions applied till an upgrade was made. Never happened to me but I am sure I read it many years ago.
Tried to find the old SUP for Premier but the only link I have (https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml) returns an error.

Anyway, just wanted to make the OP aware of the possibility of further restrictions - my apologies for the mistake  Embarrassed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

James
Grafter

No need to apologise - I remember something similar, but I can't remember if there was one on Premier (there was on Plus).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Google is your friend
http://www.mmorpg.org.uk/showthread.php?t=695 - posted April 2005
It all started just before xmas. PlusNet (PN) the ISP that I use anounced a Fair Use Policy (FUP) this ment that their previous unlimited premier accounts would be subject to a 30GB a month cap that if you hit 3 months in a row your account would be throttled.
This was introduced due to the fact that BT had raised their charges for wholesale Broadband (BB) bandwidth and PN said that a small percentage of their users were d/ling 24/7 at high speeds and this could not be sustained.
Their was a lot of shouting from heavy users most of who left PN for pastures new and everything settled down until the FUP was due to come in last week.
The day came and nothing happend. We waited then were told that their had been a problem with the View My usage (VMU) system they were due to role out in conjunction with the FUP. This system allowed you to see exactly what you were d/ling, in GB per month and at what times. The reason for this is although you were limited to 30GB per month the limit only applied between the hours of 8am and 1am. You were basicaly allowed to d/l up to 250GB extra per month at night.
So, we wait and we wait untill yesterday when PN announce that the FUP policy has been scraped!
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

There were quite a number of changes to the SUP / FUP policies in 2006.  It was before my time on Broadband so I cannot comment personally, however the product archives on the PUG site do hold much of the information.
See HERE and select the info you want from those available in the menu.  HTH
NOTE:  This is legacy data and has not been maintained - but neither has it been changed.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 517

Thanks Maurice.
Those links were helpful except specific links to SUP no longer work.
It does state that speed was resticted to 128K at all times until next billing but I am still certain that you had to upgrade your package if you hit the SUP twice (not sure whether it had to be successive months - but don't think so).
Anyone else remember this?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I guess the pages have been removed in one of the 'refreshes' over the past years Cry  I have tried a search in Member Centre to no avail.
If a link to an archived copy is available (James?)  I'll update those links on PUG.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.