cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU - How Can I Tell Anymore?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: VMBU - How Can I Tell Anymore?

if you look at MauriceC's post from earlier in the thread billing isn't affected.
as to how they can expect you to stay within limits without giving you the tools to do so I'm not sure.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I'd find it very difficult to be expected to pay for usage over my limit without having any means to monitor either the daily / weekly usage OR the total for the period.  How do Plusnet justify their charges to the User(s)?
The VMBU code has been 'flaky' for a long time despite a number of 'tweaks' so, given that 'Unlimited' is now the only type of account available to new Users AND repairing the VMBU  code is low in development priority is it time for a radical change?

• Effectively make ALL ADSL accounts Unlimited regardless of legacy limitations.

OK so it is going to affect revenue a bit, but by no more than if all legacy customers elected to update their accounts.  An allowance for this occurrence is probably already in the budget?
But the potential benefits are good.

• Removes this current grievance from the long list

• Removes a task from the Development stack

• Reduces some of the stress on the Billing System

• Creates a positive message for Users stuck on legacy accounts by inertia

• Many legacy Users are on older packages partly because their exchanges are not upgraded yet so limited line speed.  Even if they download all day the impact on total capacity used will be insignificant compared to Fibre Users.

Any takers?
PS  I declare a personal interest.  Exchange is 20CN only with no scheduled upgrade planned.  2.5 Meg down on a good day! 
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I thought I was going to have quite a wait to get anything other than 20CN on my exchange. http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ still says Exploring Solutions. However...
Yesterday the base for the CAB was put in place and the path outside my house has been dug up to allow them to hook up the mains supply
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
thejudge
Rising Star

Bump.
(It's been over a month now - I don't think it's unreasonable to have some sort of meaningful update by now.  Huh
KatC
Grafter

@ thejudge
Chris is out of the office today so I am unable to locate the email chain where this was being investigated. I will send him an email so when he is back in the office he can keep you up to date on the matter.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately I have no further updates yet.
FYI any other staff looking at this in future,  84083
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thejudge
Rising Star

Bump!
Anything yet?