cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What package should I be on?

gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: What package should I be on?

They really shouldn't be doing that Flodden, they should allow you to transfer it.
If they're adamant you will be charged for transferring it then the only way to go is by cancelling and having being connected again, but wouldn't that incur a connection fee?
flodden
Grafter

I guess it would be up to Plusnet if there is a connection fee, as they would be arranging the re-connection.
I've been swaying back and forth on what to do all week. Plusnet are cheaper, but their call centre waiting times are a major put off and lack of TV option, now the disconnecting of the line in order to move away from BT and potential long wait to be re-connected over a holiday period and potential hassle of making mobile phone calls with long wait times to chase any issues, its a no no.
dick:quote
gnicholson8
Grafter

The long wait for support is being addressed right now, just so you're aware they have a new call centre opening Smiley
flodden
Grafter

When does it open?
dick:quote
James
Grafter

Our first staff started taking calls there on Monday.  We have a heavy recruitment programme over the coming month's and we anticipate being able to answer your calls quickly by early Spring, hopefully sooner.
Regarding your BT transfer, if they're unwilling to budge, I would recommend raising a complaint on BT.com
You shouldn't be penalised for leaving under your contractual right.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 167

Quote from: James
we anticipate being able to answer your calls quickly by early Spring, hopefully sooner

James,
Oh dear - PN's boat is right up shit-creek (highly dissatisfied customers), without a paddle (not enough trained CS staff), with a hole in it (no effective management system for catching BTw order failures) and the river is full of alligators (incompetence in BTw/BTOR)!!
PN's capacity to deal with the reasons for customer calls (BTw / BTOR failure) is not going to be fixed before spring (new call centre running proficiently).
PN's ability to prevent the reasons for the bulk of customer calls (BTw / BTOR failure) is not going to be available before Q1 (fiscal) 2014 (new provisioning system).
So just how are you and the team going to deal with all of the fires between now and then?  I trust that the CEO of PN is not sat on his hands, rather he has them firmly around the throat and on the balls of the CEOs of BTw and BTOR - oops I forgot, the CEO of BTw has no balls and is clearly not fit for purpose!
Come on PN, you have to fix this space with BTw / BTOR now - not in 6 months time.

Whilst we all understand that on a day by day basis PN staff such as yourself and the DCT have little influence on the systematic failures of those cowboys (and girls) at BT* doing nothing now (beyond day on day fire-fighting) is not an option, nor is waiting six months until (in to) Q1 fiscal 2014.  I suggest that a clear statement on the forums of a commitment from PN's CEO that he is dealing NOW with the pervasive failure of BT* and that PN is demanding a marked improvement from BT* and compensation for each and every failure of service delivery (payable to PN's customer) is what it now takes to underpin dissatisfied user's confidence in PN.  Sadly most people do not realise that leaving PN in dissatisfaction over provisioning issues is not likely to be resolved by yet another ISP faced with the same BT* indifference to deliver a quality service.  Where PN can win out is by being clearly committed to fix the inter-organisational issues now and appear to be able to deliver that better than the competition.
Need a helping hand?
Cheers,
Kevin
jim:red swear filter avoidance removed mod:end

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 167

Quote from: Townman
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  swear filter avoidance removed ]

Oh Jim you old spoil-sport!!  Cheesy
It was not really that bad, just the well known name for a difficult place that no-one wants to be / should allow themselves to get into to!! I guess you'll now need to add a new mask for the swear word filter!  May be next time I'll see if I can get away with "brown-stuff-creek"?  Huh
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I have to admit I didn't spot it but we got a reported post so you might get something else by me but not past some of our eagle eyed posters  Lips_are_sealed