cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting Deco M5 (as router) to Plusnet

Simp
Hooked

Problems connecting Deco M5 (as router) to Plusnet

Hi wonder if anyone can help me please? (I have posted this on TP LInk also)

i have a TP Link Archer VR400 which I have been using without problem (I had before a Hub one and stayed with it).

Purchased a Devo M5 pack and want to use the M5 as the router rather than AP mode as I want to use all Deco features.

Reset router into bridge mode

Added Ethernet cable and set up new Deco

Cannot connect into Plusnet with Deco

Using correct user name and password

Using VLan 101 and 0

Tried loads of times resetting both etc

Still no joy. (I can set back up the Archer Vr 400 as a router but I do not want this).

i would be very grateful for any help and advise. Surely cannot be that hard can it for Plusnet customers to use Deco as a router?

Many thanks (desperate TP Link / Plusnet customer)

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Re: Problems connecting Deco M5 (as router) to Plusnet

@Simp  normally a VDSL router in bridge mode still handles the VLAN tagging.

So my guess is that you need to disable any VLAN tagging on the Deco M5

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Simp
Hooked

Thanks MisterW,

I have tried this alongside changing the Deco's around (thinking one perhaps faulty).

Really strange that the TP LInk Tether App for the modem/router easily connects to Plusnet but the TP Link Deco app does not..

Appreciate the suggestion. Thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Can you try making a PPpoE connection through the Vr400 in bridge mode with a laptop ?

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/921/

That should isolate whether the problem is the VR400 not in bridge mode properly OR the Deco M5 PPPoE settings

edit: I use a TP link W9970 in bridge mode in front of a Draytek router. IIRC all I did on the 9970 quick setup was select PlusNet_VDSL from the ISP dropdown and then Bridge mode. The VLAN Id was set automatically.

Might be worth a factory reset on it and start from scratch

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Simp
Hooked

Thanks MisterW.  I will try later when everyone is in bed, and report back. Cheers

Simp
Hooked

No joy with a Windows error 651 suggesting a problem with the Archer VR400 in bridge mode, despite hard resetting a number of times. This is good in one respect so now assume both plusnet and Deco are good.  I will get a secondhand BT Open Reach model to replace.

Thank you for your guidance MisterW.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That does suggest the vr400 isn't operating correctly in bridge mode.

LJEDM
Dabbler

Sorry to revive this.

But I am having a similar issue, except I can successfully connect via PPPOE on my laptop into a LAN in my vigor 2860. Then when I put these same credentials into my deco x20 they get no internet connection.