Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch off duration

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Switch off duration

I realise it is not best practice to switch off a router overnight but, for reasons that are not important here, I often spend weeks sometimes a month or so away from home. Is it ok to switch off a Hub 2 router unused for these durations, probably only switching back on for a few days on return before leaving again?

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Switch off duration

@petlew 

Yes. It’s only repeated switching on and off that’s potentially an issue. You just need to keep an eye on firmware updates in case one gets missed. You will find the latest versions listed in a post at the top of the Router board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

madswitcher
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Switch off duration

There is something to be said for turning off your modem/router if not being used for protracted lengths of time.  It is to do with the principle of 'reducing the attack surface'.  i.e. if it is switched off, it cannot be 'attacked' by script kiddies or the like.