cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday, March 10th

Tuesday, March 10th

Tuesday, March 10th

Todays end of day is a complete success compared to yesterdays effort of just 1 update from comms! Today we have an amazing grand total of.... (drum roll).... 3!!! First up with an update from Web Development is Mark: Hi everyone! It's been another 80-mile-per-hour-day in Plusnet's web development team, though I've managed to pull everyone over for at least a moment, to give you and update on what's been going on. Dan’s been working on priority problems and some internal tools. Jonathan, Nick and I have been working on fixing website problems. Nick says that he's also done some work for our Partners related site. Cushy! James and Phil are writing code for an exciting new project. James wanted me to work the word vacuous into this End of Day report. Well, I guess I just did James! Err why James? Sam has been applying design principles, learned from Calvin and Hobbes. You can see more about that here: The Calvin & Hobbes Super-Stupendous Guide to Design Kelly (man of many hats, all of them black) has been writing some system documentation, and has gone to see finance about getting some money for yet more computers. *In Homer Simpson voice* - "Computers!" Gary, Colin and Andy are all on holiday. Wherever Andy is, he’ll be happy not to be working on problems. I imagine that Gary is currently in a swimming pool full of English Breakfast Tea. You see, that's how dedicated Gary is to his tea. Colin will be sitting on a train somewhere. He seems to do a lot of that. I bet he wishes there was a British Rail equivalent of 'air miles'. Ta ta for now! Next to grace the prestigious EOD stage we have chris from Comms: Good afternoon from the Comms desk. A slightly more subdued EOD from me in comparison to my previous one. Let's go round the team and see what we've been up to today. Mand - She's been catching up after her long weekend and preparing for another 2 days off, keeping on top of problems and clearing out some task work. Bob - He's been in a couple of meetings, doing some ad-hoc 'gubbins', writing a service status or two and preparing an email draft. Matt - He's been making a start on the drafts for the next newsletter, working through some tasks and popping around the forums. Chris - I've been making a start on the results of a customer satisfaction survey, handing over an email to Bob to write and keeping an eye on my tasks (they suddenly multiply if you don't). James - He's been in the forums for a fair chunk of the day, other than that he's been calling some customers and catching up on some PMs. As a special treat, Matt has created another comic for you all. We'll be doing these on a regular basis and posting them up at www.teh-r0x0rz.co.uk for your perusal. And last but in now way least we have Matt from the CSC: 1. Faults updates - Customers calling to give us updates and to get updates on broadband faults 2. New faults- New broadband faults being raised. 3. Email - Mainly new customer calling to get help setting up their new email address 4. Router configuration - Mainly new customers calling to get help setting up their routers for the first time. 5. Sales - A lot of interest in the new packages so we have had number of sales calls and also extra interest given the recent press coverage. Thanks to everybody for contributing today. Night night all! Today's EOD was brought to you by the letter S and the number 1... and yes I have been watching Sesame street to improve my spelling, but they can't perform miracles the count

0 Thanks
1 Comment