Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC issue

Maku
Hooked

FTTC issue

Hi,

I joined Plusnet around two weeks ago, and my service went live without any issues on April 29.

Broadband speeds were rising every day with no errors until last Friday (May 10). Then suddenly, my connection started to drop every two minutes or so for three days.

I've been using a Fritzbox 7530 ax router from the beginning, and I saw that there were hundreds of errors every time a new connection was established, no matter if the speed was over 70 Mbps or only over 10 Mbps.

On Sunday, there was no connection to the internet for 3 hours, and since it came back, it has been capped at around 12 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload with no errors. I tried to restart the router, but nothing changed. G.INP is ON for both download and upload

Can someone from Plusnet look into this for me, please? Dunno, maybe there is or was a fault somewhere or DLM needs resetting.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

Re: FTTC issue

Try reporting a fault using the textbot https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/ although there sometimes is a problem identifying lines with no phone service. If that's the case then call Customer services to report the fault

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Maku
Hooked

I tried to do it, unfortunately bot not able to locate my account.

Is there any one here who can help me with my issue or calling Plusnet is only the way? 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

Staff do monitor the forums but it can take a while for them to respond. Its usually quicker to call support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

There is a high resistance fault on the line so I have raised it to Openreach for you. We will keep you updated @Maku 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Maku
Hooked

Thank you 👍

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We are going to need to book an appointment @Maku when would you be free for one?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Maku
Hooked

@willcutforth tomorrow all day but pretty sure this not going to work from your side.

Monday 20th my wife will be at home so that's fine.

21st, 22nd, 23rd not possible as I'm too busy at work.

24th, 28th, 30th, 31st should be ok, but need to know as soon as possible to book it off.

Please let me know.

Maku
Hooked

Just to update
Missed call from Plusnet, rang back, spoke to customer service, and got an engineer booked for tomorrow.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Brill!! Let us know how you get on.  

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Maku
Hooked

Hi,

the engineer came yesterday and fixed the fault,
the wires were corroded outside the building, also the master socket was obsolete.

Thank you
Marek
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Awesome, so glad to hear it! Do you need anything else at the minute?

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Maku
Hooked

Hi,
Nope, all good for now.