Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange flashing light after activation

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Orange flashing light after activation

@barryn2024 Ignore the VDSL Multicast - that is not a broadband service as such. Does it show any reference at all to WBC FTTC?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

I have a feeling this is for the neighbour though, so the property above. 

@barryn2024 Ah! so is the building multiple flats ?

If so, when you use the BT address checker and enter the postcode, does it show multiple entries for the building ?

I wonder if the above property already has FTTP and the wrong address has been selected for your order ? if so then the resident above might not have their connection any more as its been taken over by Plusnet!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barryn2024
Dabbler

Exactly! There's is us and an upstairs flat. When I type in the address then it's only a single property, even when I type in the upstairs address so our house number +a then it returns the same address. 

jab1
Legend

Oh dear - this could be a bit tricky, as BT/OR will only have one address on their database although I wonder how they have dealt with it in the past, as there must be some information somewhere showing your previous owners on FTTC and the above flat on FTTP?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@barryn2024 each flat SHOULD have its own UPRN (Unique property reference number), that's actually what's used for any order. In the address checker list, after the address , there's two identifiers separated by an exchange code. The 2nd id  is the UPRN and normally starts with an 'A'.

If there's only one UPRN for the building, its going to be tricky... (like minds eh! @jab1 )

as there must be some information somewhere showing your previous owners 

Now that's a good point, and since they were Plusnet customers ? then PN should have the info

I can see this needing the local 'wizard' to get to the bottom of it....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barryn2024
Dabbler

Correct, they were 100% with Plusnet too. They also stated this as part of the report as part of the property purchase. 

Still waiting for a call back from PN. They said within 2 hours so hoping I'll get a call any minute now.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

although I wonder how they have dealt with it in the past, 

@jab1 it could well have been done as a 2nd line. That would work fine when both flats had FTTC , anyone changing supplier would be able to identify the line from the phone number. Now with SoGEA and FTTP , there is no associated phone number so the only identification is the UPRN. The first flat to change to FTTP would be ok, as only the line to that flat would be ceased using the phone number. Now when the 2nd flat tries to order FTTP , the system sees that the UPRN already has it and does a takeover of the existing provision.

When the property was converted to two flats, the local council should have allocated a 2nd UPRN https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_Property_Reference_Number

jab1
Legend

Never thought of that option @MisterW , but we need to know if the second UPRN was ever actioned?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Sorry, I thought that @barryn2024 had already confirmed that the address checker only returns a single entry ?

I would have expected that any change to two flats in the past would have required building control approval and that SHOULD (I would have thought?) have triggered generation of the 2nd UPRN 

barryn2024
Dabbler

I can only see a single entry but I can't see the URN on the checker
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 13

Just a thought , maybe not to be taken seriously :

Does the 1st floor flat have a Plusnet connection and were the ground floor occupants connecting  via the upstairs Wi-Fi ?  Wouldn't be a first ........

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

@barryn2024 

You can look for UPRN's here.

https://www.findmyaddress.co.uk/

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I can only see a single entry but I can't see the URN on the checker 

@barryn2024  try the address finder here https://www.findmyaddress.co.uk/

edit: @bmc beat me to it

barryn2024
Dabbler

Ah yes they are different for the two flats.

Currently on hold with support.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Ah yes they are different for the two flats.

That's good news at least. So maybe its just Openreach's database that's wrong, what a surprise!...

@barryn2024 so what does the BT checker say for your address if you use the correct UPRN here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL