Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower broadband speeds

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Slower broadband speeds

OK, @MisterW thanks, that makes sense. So, unless I'm misinterpreting things, we need to identify this 'external interference' and eliminate it?

John
PabloBruno
Grafter

[sitting here not understanding a word but happy that you all know what you're talking about]

Really pleased you chaps are being so thorough, Just let me know when/if I can help or advise what I need to do.

Many thanks.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

I'd suggeste reporting a fault. There's almost certainly some problem with the line that's causing the increased interference and connection drops

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PabloBruno
Grafter

I have reported the fault and am waiting for someone to call me.

What's best? Do the engineers ever contact you directly, or should I simply read out what you have stated above?

jab1
Legend

@PabloBruno What response did you get after reporting the problem. If, as we suspect, this is an Openreach network issue, then Plusnet will have to make arrangements for OR to visit you.

John
PabloBruno
Grafter

Spoke to someone and they said they were going to put a 24 hour test on the line. I read out what has been said on here so hope they pass this on. I was told if the test comes out okay then they will have a further look into it.

Not entirely sure of the reason for the test as if there are no drops in this 24 hour period then they won't detect anything.

jab1
Legend

OK. When (IF) they come back and give you the results of this 'test', let us know what they say, and maybe we can advise further.

John
PabloBruno
Grafter

Plusnet ran a few tests and came back to me with this:

"Like I said the intermittent testing we put on didn't find anything so hopefully it has sorted itself out. If you do start to experience problems again please don't hesitate to get in touch with us and some one will be happy to assist you further."

I did explain that 95% of the time the service is good so it seemed a little hopeful that the tests would be running at the time as any outages. I also copied and pasted what you kind people have enlightened me with about the increased interference and connection drops, but that seems to have been ignored.

Not sure what to do now as it is bound to happen again. Maybe the next time they will take it more seriously.

jab1
Legend

All you can do is post again next time, and maybe we can get one of the experienced Help Team involved early.

John