Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Registration now unavailable ?

daveg6hni
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

VOIP Registration now unavailable ?

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but overnight both of my VOIP telephone numbers have become unavailable ?

I have a SIPGate number via a Gigaset n300a box and a new number from A&A viia both the Gigaset box and also my FritzBox 7590.

So two services from different companies, the only common factor is my recently upgraded Plusnet FTTP connection ?

Now last weekend there was an issue that stopped pings being received I wonder if PN have made a change ?

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
QuadT

Re: VOIP Registration now unavailable ?

There's currently a widespread plusnet intermittent outage which appears to affect DNS (regardless of DNS service used) or a routing issue.

Seems to have started just before 4am.

The default support reply on X has been updated when responding to everyone's questions this morning:

"We’re aware of a situation at the moment which is effecting a lot of customers. Currently we have no timescale to get this resolved."

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/dns-block/m-p/1970442#M366045

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveg6hni
Rising Star

I'm not using PN DNS, I'm using 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 as they appear much faster

So did not think I would be affected, however, Internet is very slow this morning and I can't reach SamKnows to check anything...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I'm using OpenDNS and I'm still affected. Its most odd, some things now seem to be working and others not. For example, I have two voip providers Localphone & Sipgate. Localphone is registered fine but Sipgate wont register! Access to the Sipgate portal fails as well...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveg6hni
Rising Star

Very strange and I can't access SamKnows or ThinkBB, but now ThinkBB is there and it is showing the same fault as last weekend, no ping, but this time to both lines I monitor, both are FTTP, one in Southend & the other in Chelmsford

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

... and my Sipgate registration has just come back

daveg6hni
Rising Star

yep both my VIOP SPs are back and I can just see on my BQM that pings are working again