Did you mean: 

sites via akamai not working

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: sites via akamai not working

Auto open pages should carry a health warning, less one be subjected to passive-aggressive punishments!

Glad you are sorted. Have you raised this with TUI? It is one thing for them to put restrictions on their site, but the consequences elsewhere are somewhat draconian for simply repeating the same flight lookup a couple of times per day. If they had honest pricing practices there would be no reason to do what you did.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adflyer
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

@Townman, Ha! Yea, that's very true!

No, I haven't tried raising this with TUI, on past experience of trying to deal with them, It would just be an exercise in frustration and end up going nowhere. TBH, TUI were already on my "NON-preferred supplier" list and this episode has only reinforced that conclusion! Alas, they're best of a bad bunch - from Bournemouth (nearer and far easier than Gatwick), it's often just a choice between them and Ryanair, so unfortunately, needs must...

Besides, I don't know for sure that's why I was blocked by Akamai, but it's all I can think of atm. Now that I'm unblocked again, will just have to wait and see if it happens again? Maybe there is something else unusual happening on our network that actually caused it and it wasn't TUI after all? Time will tell...

Maybe I should have stopped opening the TUI pages when I started getting the unusual "Challenge Verification" page (or whatever it was), and avoided the Akamai block all together. Never mind, lesson learnt 🙂

greygit1
Aspiring Pro

I'm personally throwing this problem into the Akamai + Microsoft 'innovation' folder.

I've noted odd occurances of web browsing where muliple connections (to different URLs) have resulted in gateway timeouts, And (more interestingly) zero active IP connections to the IP address that the domain resolves to.

Could be down to other stuff.

Or perhaps it is my turn.

adflyer
Dabbler

@adflyer wrote:

https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/ today still reports "Your IPv4 Address 80.229.xxx.xxx received a bad risk score. ...  I'll continue to watch it and report back if/when it changes too.

I've just looked again and it's back to The IP Address 80.229.xxx.xxx did not receive a bad risk score. today - not quite sure when that flipped from bad to not bad, but it's around two weeks since it first went bad.

All the Akamai sites still working normally too 🙂 👍