Not caught me yet - but that doesn't mean it won't appear tomorrow! 😀

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Error with notification count

Yep I’ve had 101 notifications today as well 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

@Gandalf Oh dear! 😀

John
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@JonoH wrote:

I've today been informed by our suppliers that various incremental rollouts have fixed the issue, but that the last 2 patches required to completely fix the issue have not been rolled to our instance yet.

So we're still awaiting deployment of the final patch that fully resolves this issue, but most of the time, it should be fine. I've asked them to confirm when this patch will roll. Sorry for the inconvenience 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@JonoH / @SeanD

It has returned!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SeanD
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Good morning @Townman,

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm sorry, this has returned ☹️  My understanding of this issue is that your notification feed will show notifications even when there are no new notifications, is that correct?

When logging in this morning I showed 2 notifications but they were accurate and posts that I hadn't seen yet.  Could you please drop me a screenshot of the issue so I can add it to the ticket with Khoros?

Once I have this I will reopen the ticket with Khoros to understand why this has returned.  

Cheers

Sean

jab1
Legend

@SeanD Possibly not related, but I have noticed response times on the forum have started to slow down as well, especially when opening boards/topics. Don't think it is my connection, as it happens at other locations too.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@SeanD 

Sorry I do not have a screen shot - I have only seen the issue again once.

What is seen is a 101-notification count on one's avatar top right ... but on inspecting the notification page, there are none or a different number.

We saw this for a protracted period as per the history of this topic.  I will grab a screen shot the next time I see it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

I haven't seen any reoccurrence of this.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SeanD
Aspiring Pro

@jab1 wrote:

@SeanD Possibly not related, but I have noticed response times on the forum have started to slow down as well, especially when opening boards/topics. Don't think it is my connection, as it happens at other locations too.

Thanks, John for letting me know.

Is anyone else noticing a slowdown in response time when opening boards/topics?

Cheers

Sean

SeanD
Aspiring Pro

@Townman wrote:

@SeanD 

Sorry I do not have a screen shot - I have only seen the issue again once.

What is seen is a 101-notification count on one's avatar top right ... but on inspecting the notification page, there are none or a different number.

We saw this for a protracted period as per the history of this topic.  I will grab a screen shot the next time I see it.

Thanks @Townman,

If this happens again, grab a screenshot as this helps me demonstrate the issue with Khoros, and then I will reopen the ticket with them.  I read over the ticket which Jono raised so I can see it was fixed with an update to the Community version.  A little worried that it has reappeared but happy to speak with Khoros again.

Cheers

Sean

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@SeanD  The Forum is extremely slow to respond lately when opening forum boards and threads, it's never been speedy but seems a lot worse, yesterday and today.

jab1
Legend

I know there are no PN staff around, but the forum is like treacle - getting worse by the minute!

John
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes some things are very slow. I suppose this is a result of the slowness............. That was just for marking all posts as read which is usually very quick.

Capture.PNG

SeanD
Aspiring Pro

Good morning Folks,

I will get a case raised to Khoros and have them investigate the slow performance of the Community.  To complete the support ticket I need to add some info so if you could help me with the following, I would really appreciate it 😁

1. How many seconds/minutes did it take to load a page?
  2. What browser are you using?
  3. What is loading slowly? (header, footer, images, boards, messages, signatures, avatars, javascript, etc)
  4. Are any particular URLs loading slowly?

Cheers

Sean