cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending to Gmail addresses

msbernice7
Grafter

Re: Sending to Gmail addresses

It is my understanding that problems with sending to gmail are due to gmail and nothing to do with Plusnet. 

Particularly if you use Outlook as I do.  Gmail changed the algorithm (or something else) which isn't compatible with Outlook.  Gmail says it's OUtlook's problem and won't fix it.  Outlook says it's gmail's problem and can't fix it.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Do you have references for that please?

I use Outlook 365 - note there are several products called Outlook - to send email from my Plusnet accounts to Gmail users and generally I do not have issues.

There could be a lot of devils in the detail of your statement - which version of outlook and us that outlook accessing Gmail as a client?

Certainly Gmail is causing major headaches by imposing requirements on other mail services to implement non-mandatory standards such as SPF, DKIM and DMARC.

Note also that these measures only apply to free Gmail accounts. They don’t want to hack off their business users, but they are happy to see Joe Public not to receive their emails.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

msbernice7
Grafter

I too use Outlook in Office 365

I can't remember where I saw the info about Gmail but there are numerous threads about it on the Microsoft Community pages.

The problems I get are often intermittent.  And annoying.  I can be emailing people quite happily for months or even years and then their gmail account takes a dislike to me.  Rather than bouncing back the emails either disappear or go to the spam folder of the recipient. 

One strange anomaly is that all the staff at my church have name@domain name which is hosted by gmail.  All have my email as a safe sender and all but one get my emails without problem.  The latter gets my emails in his spam folder.  I usually text hm to tell him I've sent an email!!!

I noticed today in this community some comments about Outlook/gmail and Fasthosts.  My account is hosted by fasthosts so will look into that

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

The mail space is a real muddle. My church email accounts are hosted by AWS and cannot send to @outlook, @hotmail @live etc. and sometimes @plusnet … AWS has a woefully bad reputation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.